Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #21

Same here, I loan them mine with full tank of fuel & get theirs empty, then get mine back empty & return theirs full. Got love'm, can't kill em.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
The season in the northeast is over, the campgrounds for the most part have turned off the water and I'm not much of a dry camper and heading south for the winter is not in my plans right now. We took the rig in to the selling dealer with a couple of warranty issues as well as winterize, check a few things and add a couple of new things.
I'm waiting to hear from the dealer as I'm hoping they can store it on their property as well.
But we are done until April 2015, it was a great first season with our new RW. I hope the winter goes fast.
It's been two and a half weeks since we dropped off our RW to the dealer. It was dropped off for the annual, winterizing, a check the roof service, service the bearings, some new toys and some warranty work. The dealer called all is done come pick up the rig. I'd say that was a fast turn around. We will pick it up the end of the week and bring it to a campground for winter storage. I think it went well.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #23
Traveling

So the obvious question is: WHAT TOYS?! Tell!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #24

...And what dealer?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #25

Quote:
It's been two and a half weeks since we dropped off our RW to the dealer. It was dropped off for the annual, winterizing, a check the roof service, service the bearings, some new toys and some warranty work. The dealer called all is done come pick up the rig. I'd say that was a fast turn around. We will pick it up the end of the week and bring it to a campground for winter storage. I think it went well.
WOW ......very impressive, for the last 4 Friday's I've got a call saying " still waiting on the hydraulic parts but everything else is done" (slide out lines all cross threaded )

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #26

We bought our rig from Stoltfus RV & Marine in West Chester Pa. I don't want to jinx anything but from shopping, to the sale, to the paperwork, to the PDI's and now to the service I've been completely satisfied. They have been top notch every step of the way. The longest item we waited for to come in was the awning LED lights. Everything else was done within the first week.
I'm having an old timers moment because the only thing I can remember ordering was the maxxair covers. I can't find my list or any other paper work but I'm sure I'll remember when I pick it up Friday and they had me a bill
Old 11-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #27

Heading over to the dealer to pick up the rig. There's an inches snow on the ground and my tailgate froze solid shut. This is going to be an interesting tow this morning. The good part is I only have to tow about 40 miles to the storage facility
Old 11-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Heading over to the dealer to pick up the rig. There's an inches snow on the ground and my tailgate froze solid shut. This is going to be an interesting tow this morning. The good part is I only have to tow about 40 miles to the storage facility

Don't worry Steve, these trailers pull good in the snow.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #29
Traveling

Haha, I am glad I am not riding shotgun. I am terrified in the snow. I have a great story about going over a pass pulling our 'other' big 5th wheel years ago. That truck sold with my fingernails still stuck in the dashboard. TERRIFYING.

Let us know you got there ok!!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #30

The first few miles were fine flat well kept streets. Then a left turn and down through a small pass. I don't remember what percent incline but it said trucks use lower gear 25 mph winding downgrade. I used the tow mode, foot resting on the brake Gloria tried stepping on the brake she thinks she has on her side LOL a little spooky but ok then out onto rural roads for the last thirty miles. All in all an uneventful trip.
The only problem we had was hooking up. The rig was at the dealer for almost three weeks when we hooked up the rig lifted on the jacks fine to get under. Once we hooked up it didn't have enough battery to retract the jacks. The first thing I did when I started hooking up was to plug in so after waiting a few minutes I had enough power to retract the jacks. When we got to our destination it had enough battery power to put the jacks down to unhook. I'm done until April.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #31
Traveling

Sounds like mission accomplished. Glad you made it safe! Nothing worse than grades... scare me to death. It's been much better with the exhaust brake on the truck. AWESOME THING.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #32

We just returned from a two week trip to Alabama to visit family. Drove about 2700 miles round trip with no problems. We stayed in Gulf Shores, AL. for a couple of days on the way back to Colorado. We visited a restaurant called Lambert s Cafe, if you are ever in the area give it a try it was a hoot. You need to bring your appetite since it is the home of the "Throw ed Roll."

I winterized in Dalhart, TX. so now the wait to go again during spring break. We have already made our reservations for the Corpus Christi area for a couple of weeks, then re-winterize again until the summer. We absolutely love our Redwood.
rjberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:58 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
We just returned from a two week trip to Alabama to visit family. Drove about 2700 miles round trip with no problems. We stayed in Gulf Shores, AL. for a couple of days on the way back to Colorado. We visited a restaurant called Lambert s Cafe, if you are ever in the area give it a try it was a hoot. You need to bring your appetite since it is the home of the "Throw ed Roll."

I winterized in Dalhart, TX. so now the wait to go again during spring break. We have already made our reservations for the Corpus Christi area for a couple of weeks, then re-winterize again until the summer. We absolutely love our Redwood.
Glad you had a safe trip and you like your Redwood. It's always sad to put them away for the winter.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post

We have been to Lambert's also. Quite a unique place. Foley, Alabama. They have another location in Missouri. We will visit Gulf Shores for about 10 days during my winter break, Staying at Gulf Shores state park again. Looking forward to warmer weather. Not looking forward to the putting her away for the winter either. Already winterized, de-winterize for 10 days then re-winterize before our return to Northern Indiana.
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #35

We stayed at a 10/10/10/ resort about 20 minutes from the beach called Osprey RV Resort.
http://robertsresorts.com/resorts/lake-osprey/
They had a special if you had never stayed there before. $99 for the week. We were only able to stay for three days but almost had the whole park to ourselves. Infinity pool/ hot tub, laundromat was free. They are trying to sell lots but really no high pressure. Not sure if the rates are still available but it was a very nice park.
rjberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #36

We stayed there after we bought our redwood. Very nice place to stay. We plan on going back next year.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:24 AM   #37

Hey rjberry, sorry about wintering in Dalhart(coldest place in Texas panhandle), know it well as we grew up in Dumas.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:41 AM   #38

REFUSE TO WINTERIZE. Loaded up for another round
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141115_144821311.jpg (152.8 KB, 6 views)
Six year old aussie shepard (Remy)
Semi retired, looking for somewhere to go
Hard to stay home with this much stuff
redwoodin with remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:17 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodin with remy View Post
REFUSE TO WINTERIZE. Loaded up for another round

wow...that's a nice building
Old 11-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #40

I have mine plugged to the 110 circuit to keep the batteries charged and set gas heat to 55 degrees for the few times we go under freezing in Baton Rouge, Wife had hip replacement two weeks ago, should be back on the road by Christmas.