Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 35
Laramie WY

Taking our first trip with the Redwood. KOA next to I-80 isn't the prettiest place to stay, but Laramie is a great home base for outstanding Fly fishing, a friendly community, hiking and rock climbing.

Towed our new to us Redwood for the first time. Went Omaha to Laramie without an issue except with my 2015 Ram DRW not taking fuel from the large truck stop nozzle.

Excellent trip so far. Ram with the Anderson hitch tows like there is nothing behind you, exhaust breaking was excellent......and the Redwood:

She's beautiful down the road, everything worked as expected, set up (our first time) took a grand total of 10 minutes from pulling in to plopping down in the recliner. The Heat pump was perfect for the cool Wyoming night, the kids slept comfortably on the sofa and recliner, and we simply love the floor plan. Could not be more satisfied!

Mike and Tammie
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
homeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 521
OK, I'm curious about the large nozzle. Did it not fit into the filler and do you have the new capless filler? I have yet to put fuel in mine and love the high volume nozzles at the truck stops. If it doesn't fit mine, I will look awful silly using a funnel to put fuel in the truck!
__________________
Fulltimers? Loving our 2012 36RL towed by 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew cab with auto level system.
homeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 35
I have the cap less with DEF next to it. I actually wondered if it might not take it so stopped soon enough that I could go elsewhere if needed. You can't the the nozzle down far enough for it to feed into the tank. However they designed it, I turned it on and ended up with $1.23 worth of fuel on the ground and over the side of my truck. The RV islands are now my only option when towing. I LOVE every aspect of my 15' Crew, Laramie edition, Longbox DRW 3500 except the gas/DEF fill set up. My in town MPGs for daily driving as a realtor are excellent with the 3.42 axle ratio, and towing was a breeze and averaged 8.9 going from 700 feet to 8600 feet in altitude...my Chevy was 7-8 for this leg of the trip...going home and down is always better :-)

I'd suggest sticking with the RV islands to fill. if you figure out a way to fill with the big nozzle please post or message me...it would be very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
OK, I'm curious about the large nozzle. Did it not fit into the filler and do you have the new capless filler? I have yet to put fuel in mine and love the high volume nozzles at the truck stops. If it doesn't fit mine, I will look awful silly using a funnel to put fuel in the truck!
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
homeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 521
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
Fulltimers? Loving our 2012 36RL towed by 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew cab with auto level system.
homeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenR View Post
Taking our first trip with the Redwood. KOA next to I-80 isn't the prettiest place to stay, but Laramie is a great home base for outstanding Fly fishing, a friendly community, hiking and rock climbing.

Towed our new to us Redwood for the first time. Went Omaha to Laramie without an issue except with my 2015 Ram DRW not taking fuel from the large truck stop nozzle.

Excellent trip so far. Ram with the Anderson hitch tows like there is nothing behind you, exhaust breaking was excellent......and the Redwood:

She's beautiful down the road, everything worked as expected, set up (our first time) took a grand total of 10 minutes from pulling in to plopping down in the recliner. The Heat pump was perfect for the cool Wyoming night, the kids slept comfortably on the sofa and recliner, and we simply love the floor plan. Could not be more satisfied!

Mike and Tammie
Mike,

I spent many nights not far from there on the "Snow Range Pass". Beautiful area of the country. I grew up going out to Saratoga to visit family 3 times a year. I'm planing a trip very soon with one of my adult sons for a little father/son time.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 35
Sounds like a great trip with your son. My wife, two youngest, and our Newfoundland dog hiked around Libby Flats today. Floating the North Platte around Saratoga Sunday. I'm a UW alum and come up often. If you ever want to try fly fishing I have a great guide to recommend who is outstanding with all levels of experience.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to hit the hot springs!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Mike,

I spent many nights not far from there on the "Snow Range Pass". Beautiful area of the country. I grew up going out to Saratoga to visit family 3 times a year. I'm planing a trip very soon with one of my adult sons for a little father/son time.
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,774
Used an rv island yesterday at a Flying J & you are SOL there as it had the huge diesel nozzle, so all islands aren't created equal. I think I'd go back to the dealer & have a different fill neck installed.
__________________
Danny & Linda
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
GTXRAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenR View Post
I have the cap less with DEF next to it. I actually wondered if it might not take it so stopped soon enough that I could go elsewhere if needed. You can't the the nozzle down far enough for it to feed into the tank. However they designed it, I turned it on and ended up with $1.23 worth of fuel on the ground and over the side of my truck. The RV islands are now my only option when towing. I LOVE every aspect of my 15' Crew, Laramie edition, Longbox DRW 3500 except the gas/DEF fill set up. My in town MPGs for daily driving as a realtor are excellent with the 3.42 axle ratio, and towing was a breeze and averaged 8.9 going from 700 feet to 8600 feet in altitude...my Chevy was 7-8 for this leg of the trip...going home and down is always better :-)

I'd suggest sticking with the RV islands to fill. if you figure out a way to fill with the big nozzle please post or message me...it would be very helpful!
That's interesting. We have a 15 RAM and I used the big truck nozzle about a month ago. It was a tight fight but went all the way in. It was at a Pilot, without RV islands. Wonder if all big nozzles are not bent the same.

Rick
__________________
2015 Ram 3500 SLT Mega Cab DRW, SS Nerf Bars, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, ATTA Freedom Fill System
Living Full Time in a 2015 39MB Tan & Burgundy Urban Clay/Caramel, Wineguard Dish, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top, myRV Linc Remote, MorRyde SRE 4000, Titan Disk Brakes, 17.5 Goodyear G114's
GTXRAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:31 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXRAS View Post
That's interesting. We have a 15 RAM and I used the big truck nozzle about a month ago. It was a tight fight but went all the way in. It was at a Pilot, without RV islands. Wonder if all big nozzles are not bent the same.

Rick
There are so many things just wrong with what you just said!
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
GTXRAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Was wondering who would make the first comment.
GTXRAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.