Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #21

We cut up some of our old horse stall mats. They are EXCELLENT! Heavy for their size, but VERY durable and we also put them under the tires when long parking to keep the tires off the concrete. They are 3/4 inch thick heavy rubber. Very effective. You can buy one stall mat for about $45 and cut it up for all the pads you need.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Found this older thread but thought I would post. We went out this weekend and our site was great except the rear of our rig was a bit over the slope and jacks would not touch the ground so had to pull ahead were I really didn't want to be so..... We got home and I made these up this afternoon. They will be a bit heavy but don't want to run into this again. No lift on the smaller pads so made up 12 of these.

Well.........at least they won't blow out of your truck bed while going down the road!! They may reduce your payload margin slightly!! Hope you have a strong back!!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #23

I plan on shearing some 1/4" aluminum plate down to 12" squares.. Thin but durable. ... Since I have a warehouse full of it :-).
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #24

Promised to send webpage of the best jack pads ever.

Here it is! Bought them ad Spaders RV in Sioux Falls, SD.

Sturdy, cheap, light weight, right size (many different sizes), near unbreakable.

http://sedcopier.com

They are apparently not made for the RV industry but for construction purposes. Anyhow, extremely durable. Think it is called a post base and marked BP-16
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #25

Pic of jack pad

Here is a pic from the actual jack pad.

They are very hard to get and Spaders are shipping them all over the country. Still have a few in stock and the pricing are:

10” for $4.49 and 16” for $15.49
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0713.jpg (281.6 KB, 16 views)
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #26

Thanks Basil! Very helpful.
kdubinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I picked up 6 similar type that are 16" X 12"X 2". They are made for the trucking industry trailer dolly pads. Truck supply warehouses sell them . They are made of hard plastic flat on one side and ribbed on the other like the pic above.