Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2019, 10:20 PM   #1

Florida

Getting old and tired of the cold. Looking for some folks that have bought property in Florida to park their rv. Lots that haven't been cleared are plentiful to be bought. Clear some tree's, put a well and septic and be warm. If anyone has done this, what has been your expenses? Advice ?
Moland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #2

many houses available for under 100K , just something to consider. My Mom and Dad are selling a small house in Winterhaven in the next month or so. Just know what your park fee will be before you put a offer in Many parks want $400+ in fees.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:47 PM   #3

I posted last night, but must have got lost.
The biggest problem with buying a piece of property to park your RV on is Zoning restrictions. I asked a local Real Estate Agent about it and they didn't have a clue.
Many areas have restrictions on Mobile Home and to them the difference between Mobile Homes and RVs is pretty Gray.
So my advise would be, if you find a nice piece of property, before making any deal you check with the Town/Village/City/County make sure it acceptable for your plans.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #4

Moland we have a RV lot in Florida for sale in a 55+ gated community. This is a RV lot that when we redid the lot or straighten it, we poured the allowed 25'X49' amount of concrete that if we wanted to someday put a 24X48 double wide on it that the double wide would sit on concrete. It is setup as a large pull through. It has plenty of room for any size RV. Our Redwoods look good on it! The other thing in Florida if your looking for land is to make sure you have a deed to it and not a lease. In our park all our owners own their land. Here is a link to the web site of the park. Saddlebag Lake Owners Association - Home Page
Its located in Lakewales FL. which is about 1 hour south from Disney.
We do have a HOA fee with is $525 a quarter. and this year land tax was just under $200.
If you would like more info please feel free to contact me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160605_111114.jpg (212.3 KB, 25 views)

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:20 PM   #5

For sure, from experience, check with county requirements. Need an approve seeptic, in some areas unless you have 2 plus you can’t put a system in. Power may not be available until you build a home, even the Electrcian didn’t know and installed all the boxes and wire, then he found out county wouldn’t issue a permit. I learned the hard expensive way there are regs. Lastly check to see if/what permits are required for an RV. Found out in Hernandez County you can get a 6 month permit for $150, but only one permit per calendar year. So if you want to arrive in December your permit is good for a month. The get one in January for same amount. The following year you would have to wait until January. Good luck!
Don F is offline   Reply With Quote