Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
Sounds like you good 'ol boys aren't card carrying members of the Sierra Club...
I grew up in Alberta and camped all seasons... winter was best... no bugs, no brats... COLD BEER. Then I started camping right after I got married with a 1976 Mercury Grand Marquis 460 4bbl pulling a 19' trailer... car was longer than the trailer and drank gasoline like a drunken sailor on shore leave!
Now 33 years later, I just bought me a hermetically sealed 40 foot full time living unit and a F350 Diesel Dually. We plan to rough it and make ice the old fashioned way... but that's about it!

Hope to see you all very soon.

Well tell us the good places to camp up there in the upper state and I'll be glad to visit. My wife wants to go to Canada someday and I wouldn't mind returning. I used to go up there every other night teaching guys in trucks how to do their proper paper work. When I did, I got to know a few folks and enjoyed the visits
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Sounds like you good 'ol boys aren't card carrying members of the Sierra Club...
I grew up in Alberta and camped all seasons... winter was best... no bugs, no brats... COLD BEER. Then I started camping right after I got married with a 1976 Mercury Grand Marquis 460 4bbl pulling a 19' trailer... car was longer than the trailer and drank gasoline like a drunken sailor on shore leave!
Now 33 years later, I just bought me a hermetically sealed 40 foot full time living unit and a F350 Diesel Dually. We plan to rough it and make ice the old fashioned way... but that's about it!

Hope to see you all very soon.

I ment to ask earlier...didn't the Mercury 460's have a problem with "vapor locking" on hot days while pulling trailers?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #23

I pulled my trailer from Calgary Alberta to Toronto Ontario 10 hours a day in 1985 late July... just after the snow pack melts up here. ha ha... never had a problem with vapor lock. Pulled the unit from Calgary into BC over the Rogers Pass too... just managed to piss off others trying to pass 40 feet of car and trailer on a hill... that car just kept on coming at a steady 65mph up and over.

Lots of amazing camping in national and provincial parks out west in Canada. We have spent the last 3 summers on the East Coast in Nova Scotia and PEI. Lots of great scenery, seafood, fresh air, and every campsite we hit had room for big rigs. First time we went with a tent and VW Golf!

Looking forward to coming down south and seeing all the sights I watched on Walt Disney as a kid or read about in National Geographic.

BradPAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
I pulled my trailer from Calgary Alberta to Toronto Ontario 10 hours a day in 1985 late July... just after the snow pack melts up here. ha ha... never had a problem with vapor lock. Pulled the unit from Calgary into BC over the Rogers Pass too... just managed to piss off others trying to pass 40 feet of car and trailer on a hill... that car just kept on coming at a steady 65mph up and over.

Lots of amazing camping in national and provincial parks out west in Canada. We have spent the last 3 summers on the East Coast in Nova Scotia and PEI. Lots of great scenery, seafood, fresh air, and every campsite we hit had room for big rigs. First time we went with a tent and VW Golf!

Looking forward to coming down south and seeing all the sights I watched on Walt Disney as a kid or read about in National Geographic.

Let me know what area or how far you want to come because I've camped all over the country and I can advise on some nice places. Good Luck and I hope to meet up some day.

dave
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

The only thing I can think of is all those lights, everywhere!! Lots of them and they can really suck the juice out of a Battery. That will be one of our first major changes,to start changing out those hi power heat generating lites to LEDs. Ever been in one of the RWs on display with all the lights on, don't need the furnace unless it get really cold. I don't need to run the AC to get rid of heat from those lights.
We have a 2011 36RL and have change all of our lights to LED's . I will tell you it really makes a big differents.
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #26

Thankyou so much for the nice discussion lovely pictures i am also a camping maniac ....<div id="LCS_A6629839_6636_4998_95D6_2B0F52141861_commu nicati&#111;nDiv">
Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #27

wow its amazing to watch this nice i like the pictures thankyou so much for posting this.
Camp Stove