Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #1

Crescent City to Roseburg, OR

I will be in Crescent City, Ca going to the Redwood NP for a few days and then I want to travel to Roseburg Oregon via 199 to catch up with I-5 at Grants Pass. How is 199 in that direction? Can I safely drive my 38 foot RW on that road? It is a federal HW so I am assuming I will be OK.
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #2

We have traveled that highway many times, as the Redwood is among our favorite destination (we stay in Redwood RV park just north of Crescent City). The highway is a little narrow and windy closer to Crescent City, but if you take the curves slow, you'll be OK. It connects up with I-5 in Grants Pass, OR

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
We have traveled that highway many times, as the Redwood is among our favorite destination (we stay in Redwood RV park just north of Crescent City). The highway is a little narrow and windy closer to Crescent City, but if you take the curves slow, you'll be OK. It connects up with I-5 in Grants Pass, OR
We came through yesterday as said above go slow
Enjoy the drive it’s beautiful and go slow !
Facowee1 is offline   Reply With Quote