Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 10:29 PM   #1

Branson camping

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good RV park in Branson? We're planning a trip in June and don't have any idea of a good location or park.
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

I just booked the State Park at Table Rock with full hookups. I think that is pretty close.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #3

Table Rock is close to Branson, the park is very near the dam. Many of the sites are too small for our jumbo rigs but there are several that you should have no trouble with.

There are lots of parks in Branson. We worked at the city park this past summer, busy park, some sites are very nice. Biggest pluses for the city park...right on Lake Taneycomo with good trout fishing [you won't want to swim as the water temp is a constant 50-55º. Park is right downtown so you're close to the strip where all the shows are. The park has no amenities but most people who stay there spend most of the time fishing or going to shows.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Table Rock is close to Branson, the park is very near the dam. Many of the sites are too small for our jumbo rigs but there are several that you should have no trouble with.
I was worried about that. I relied on the pictures and tried for space with no trees. How is Lake of the Ozarks? got some reservations there too, along with Weston Bend by Kansas City?

I'm kind of worried about just pulling in the campgrounds with regards to trees.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I was worried about that. I relied on the pictures and tried for space with no trees. How is Lake of the Ozarks? got some reservations there too, along with Weston Bend by Kansas City?

I'm kind of worried about just pulling in the campgrounds with regards to trees.
I always worry about that in the state parks. They don't seem to keep the trees pruned high enough. I've learned to carry a pole pruner with me so that when I can't get under a low branch, I can cut it off. I know they usually say "cutting trees not allowed", but I think they would rather see me trim a low branch then to have to possibly repair my roof. The pruner would also let someone push the low branch or limb up high enough for me to get under.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post

Cant help with either of these parks, haven't been to either.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #7

The KOA in Branson is actually very nice. Not real private but a good location to access all that Branson has to offer. Just do not purchase propane there. Very expensive. And they will charge you for the full size of your tank whether it is partially full or not.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #8

So we will be buried in the trees and foilage at the Missouri State Parks and all I read about now is chiggers and ticks. Are they something we will be bringing home in the Redwood? I think Ken was saying he got infested with something last fall.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #9

We stayed at a really nice park South of Branson in Arkansas last year. It's a drive into Branson but the location is worth it. It is quiet, secluded, quiet, excellent atmosphere, full hook ups and it's quiet. Maybe a 15-20 minute trip to Branson.

Ozarks RV Resort On Table Rock Lake
1229 CR 663
Oak Grove, AR 72660
Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The KOA in Branson is actually very nice. Not real private but a good location to access all that Branson has to offer. Just do not purchase propane there. Very expensive. And they will charge you for the full size of your tank whether it is partially full or not.
The KOA is big but like a BIG parking lot, reminded me of a drive-in theater of yesteryear. I am biased though, I find KOA's as overly expensive and unattractive. Not a place I would want to stay for an extended period not for quick overnight stops.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #11

I would camp at Cooper Creek Resort its right on Lake Taneycomo, this is where we camp with our 38rl. I highly recommend it, full hookups, pool, cabins, boat rentals, dock space, cable, tornado shelter which you may need in June. Call Fritz she is the owner very nice person! here is the link:
http://www.coopercreekresort.com/