Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #1

How many Redwood owners out there are aware of the yearly inspection,that has to be done by a authorized dealer/Crossroads ?
If not done within a 30 grace period of your purchase, your structure warrenty will be voided. This inspection checklist has to be completed and sent to Redwood.
On top of this the owner has to pay for this inspection, which could be
1 or 2 hour labor rate @ $125.00 p/hr. plus I was told by the dealer/ service dept. if things are found that need to be repaired, it's the owner's responsibility to pay for repairs, because its a maintenance/structure inspection.
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
How many Redwood owners out there are aware of the yearly inspection,that has to be done by a authorized dealer/Crossroads ?
If not done within a 30 grace period of your purchase, your structure warrenty will be voided. This inspection checklist has to be completed and sent to Redwood.
On top of this the owner has to pay for this inspection, which could be
1 or 2 hour labor rate @ $125.00 p/hr. plus I was told by the dealer/ service dept. if things are found that need to be repaired, it's the owner's responsibility to pay for repairs, because its a maintenance/structure inspection.

If you are in the area of Indiana, you can take your coach to the factory service center and there is no charge for the annual warranty inspection.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

I'll suggest all owners are aware of this as the inspection & service requirements is the first page in the RW Owner's Guide. It also includes a section for the dealer to sign off the annual inspection.

If any issues are found, if they are defects they should be covered by the warranty, but damage or reasonable wear & tear would be at the owner's account.

Ourdealer clearly outlined the RW warranty and requirement to maintain annual inspections. We can go to a RW/Crossroads dealer or if close to the factory make an appointment at their service centre. Other posts on the forum discuss the quality of service at the factory.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #4

While we were looking at the Redwoods, every time a dealer mentioned the 2+5 warranty, I would point out that the warranty is only in effect if the owner has a documented annual inspection. You would not believe the number of times the salesperson said that it was not true. We knew because we had a Crossroads 5th wheel's warranty voided because of this. It wasn't pointed out that the results HAD to be faxed to Crossroads and our dealer failed to do this... no documentation, no warranty.
marandjwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #5

Be very aware of what is inspected... RW is only concerned about perforation and degradation that would result in leakage according to the Owner's Manual.

There is NO concern regarding brakes, axles, Pin Box, etc. My dealer is very concerned about these items and I am going to pay them to do a proper inspection of those as well as research any Technical Service Bulletins.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #6

speaking of TSB's, has any of you heard anything about a leveling system hydraulicsbulletin?</span>
marandjwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #7

Search "TSB" in this forum. You will find it; however, on the newer RV's Redwood has already taken care of the problem.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #8

Called service department today ,to make appointment for inspection and they do not have any booking until may.
I was told that the inspection is only for roof joints and caulking at seams.
And that is all they do.
Basically he told me that I could do it myself
Concours12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #9

Find another dealer!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #10

So if I buy out of state, I wonder how willing the local Dealer will be doing the inpsection.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Site Team

Call redwood and they'll lead you to someone that can inspect the unit
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr
Find another dealer!
that was the the service department at redwood that is the ultimate dealer I would think
Concours12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
Site Team

Seriously folks??? Have you ever bought a new truck? The owners manual says if the proper maintenance has not been done the warranty is void. I spend $100 each time I change the oil in my diesel. Yes I will have my trailer inspected and if it costs me a couple hundred dollars...so be it.

The warranty of any product is only good it it's maintained properly and not abused. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. An RV is a luxury item...if you can't afford to have it inspected...you shouldn't have bought it.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #14

Who would spend $70,000 + and not maintain it? I agree the manufacturer has a right to expect their customers to take care of a unit that they have issued a warranty on. I guess folks forget that you have a 7.0 earthquake going on inside the unit when driving down the highway.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Concours12000,
You said you called service department about Annual Inspection. Were you talking about RW service dept. or your dealer ervice dept
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #16

I called redwood service dept.
Started calling first of January to make appointment left messages but they did not call back or return calls
Called at end of February and got in touch with operator.
She put me to someone and they told me that Linda did not work there anymore and had to make a appointment with gross roads. I asked why they did not forward or disconnect her phone line as I had been trying to make a appointment and leaving message with no call back.
Cross roads told me that the earliest appointment was in June
I live full time in my RV and it is 400 miles to go to the dealer for me.
And that I wanted to go to the factory to get my service as I have been there six time before.
And that all I needed was an inspection done.
He told me what they do that it takes about two hour for them to do it.
I do these thing all the time anyway because spending $80,000 on a RV and not taking care of it would be stupid.
Just like my new truck I do take care of it to.
I have also found that going to some dealers that the service you get is not great and you end up repairing it later on you're own anyway. As some of these thing that they do for you are done by people that try to do a good job but are not really good at it.
So yes I do take care of my unit my truck and I believe it is done correctly
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

So what did you do as far as proof (type paperwork ) to be sure you still have a valid warranty...Did they send you an e-mail approving it with someone's signature for your protection if you do it yourself
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #18

I too have been calling the Crossroads for the past two weeks three or four times a week to get a laundry list of warranty items taken care of. While I have spoken to Ron Howard and emailed him the list of items that need to be fixed, I have yet to get a date when I can bring our RL in. It has to make you wonder what is up?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #19

Guess I'm going to have to eat some crow... Ron just called and is scheduling us now. He asked whether we wanted an appointment or whether we would be dropping it off, to which I replied that we are fultimers and needed an appointment.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #20

For what its worth, I called Ron Howard on an unrelated issue. He saidwe was not in there system. We purchased our 2013 36RL 1/21/13. I called Lazy Days Tuscon and told them the factory still thinks the unit is on their lot. They seem surprised...
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote