Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #21

You don't need to eat crow in my book. If it took me that long to respond to one of my customers, they'd be looking for another service provider.

On another matter, this thread is very interesting as my dealer knew absolutely nothing about a warranty inspection.</span>
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
You don't need to eat crow in my book. If it took me that long to respond to one of my customers, they'd be looking for another service provider.

On another matter, this thread is very interesting as my dealer knew absolutely nothing about a warranty inspection.</span>
Unfortunately...there's been several things on this forum that we've all had to teach the dealers. When I ordered my unit a little over a year ago, my education started from fellow owners.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&amp;Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift

Unfortunately...there's been several things on this forum that we've all had to teach the dealers. When I ordered my unit a little over a year ago, my education started from fellow owners.

For the sake of future owners, I can only hope that RW has some program in place by which it measures dealer satisfaction.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #24

When we were at Quartzite in Arizona at the RV Lifestyles dealership, we found out that Lippert LCI had just spent several weeks with them teaching the dealership on their systems. We had a problem with the hydraulics slides and the jacks. They were able to rectify the problem in one half hour thanks to Lippert and their outreach program. Wish Redwood would extend the same opportunities to its dealer network.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #25

Is the yearly inspection required, if your unit spends the majority of the time in the shop for repairs.

Lillyputz
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #26

Pretty sure they expect an inspection whether you got to use it or not.... add that to the list of things that need doing while it is there!

Any end in sight? Maybe they can reset the warranty clock since it has not gone anywhere.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #27

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Lilly are you fulltimers ? Not much fulltiming going on
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #28

Well I guess Im hosed. I am out of 1st inspection date by 3 mos. Does that men the entire trailer warranty is voided??
Thxs
martaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #29

So, where the factory did not caulk or left out screws, I'm responsible..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #30

I was told IT HAD TO BE ONE BY AUTHORIZED DEALER and faxed from same or no warranty.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #31

Martaz If I were you I would inspect the items that are on the list on page 3 of your owner's guide and make sure it is up to par even if you have to a little sealing firs t them take it to a dealer and have them inspect it anyway...Then if it passes the inspection I would have the dealer sign off on it and then be sure to mail a copy of the inspection receipt to the address in your and be sure to keep a copy for yourself...and have the3m sign it off in your owner's guide and on the door of your trailer where the 5 year sticker is....I f you had no knowledge of the annual requirements and you did inspection...I can't iagine them not continuing the warranty since most dealer's don't know and or haven't been trained on these inspections just had mine done and if it hadn't been for me my dealer wouldn't have known...They called at my request after I showed them the warranty information in the RW owner's manual...They could be b-holes by saying you shold have read all of your materials, but as you know everybody did not get all there informational should have in it..So you could raise that point to them....Like I said if you can get it to pass inspection; they shouldn't have any problem squaring you up unless they just want to show their rears...I can't inagine them doing this...I would think Ron Howard or Leonard Nielson could handle that for you or at least set you up with the right person...Then in 9 months do your 2nd inspection which would bring you up to the correct date...Whew! I an sweating after spitting all this out...Hope it works for you. Time for a pitcher of Tea
RW36FB
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #32
Site Team

I had mine inspected this last Friday at a dealer in Rockford IL. The did it in about 15 minutes and suggested that I have them put a few touch-ups on the calk. I agreed and it ended up only costing $37.00. They said the inspection was free. Nice enough folks but they didn't seem to know much about the Redwoods.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #33

This tells it all - they did it in 15 minutes.
Did mine about 8 hrs replaced loose body sealant and repaired roof sealant 1 tube was used for body seams and one tube of roof roof sealant was used up.
Replace 4or 5 broken screws. And replaced 4 missing screws.
Lubed slide components and lubed swintech slides.
Torqued bolts holding fifth wheel mount.
The next day 4 hrs checked suspension greased wet bolts.
Removed wheels and checked and cleaned brakes.
Repacked wheel bearings.
Dealers are fast 15 minutes
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concours12000
This tells it all - they did it in 15 minutes.
Did mine about 8 hrs replaced loose body sealant and repaired roof sealant 1 tube was used for body seams and one tube of roof roof sealant was used up.
Replace 4or 5 broken screws. And replaced 4 missing screws.
Lubed slide components and lubed swintech slides.
Torqued bolts holding fifth wheel mount.
The next day 4 hrs checked suspension greased wet bolts.
Removed wheels and checked and cleaned brakes.
Repacked wheel bearings.
Dealers are fast 15 minutes
If you don't mind saying, How Much?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #35

I did it myself $25.00 for body sealant and roof sealant
Is that what you mean by how mutch.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #36

I think he means did the dealer actually do anything and charge you for it...The manual calls for a certified dealer to check you out....There are several of us on theis site that are more than capable of doing these things bu haven't been certified by RW to perform this function and they want a copy of a certified sheet from the dealer..and they want your owner's manual to be signed off on...My dealer gave me a copy of the certification, signed off in my manual and marked and signed the sticker on the door
RW36FB
Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #37

hmmmm. I may have a problem here. My inspection was done by a Crossroads dealer the first week in March. They signed the owners manual but didn't mark the sticker on the unit. I have no idea if they sent a 'certificate' to Redwood or not. They told me that this was the first of such inspection they had done. The comment was "...not many people do this" The book was signed and stamped by the dealer. Is this enough to keep my warranty going? Shouldn't an authorized Crossroads Dealer know the procedure?Edited by: Grandpa
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #38

And to add...where exactly is the sticker on the trailer? I thought I've been all over this thing and I haven't noticed any inspection sticker.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa
hmmmm. I may have a problem here. My inspection was done by a Crossroads dealer the first week in March. They signed the owners manual but didn't mark the sticker on the unit. I have no idea if they sent a 'certificate' to Redwood or not. They told me that this was the first of such inspection they had done. The comment was "...not many people do this" The book was signed and stamped by the dealer. Is this enough to keep my warranty going? Shouldn't an authorized Crossroads Dealer know the procedure?

Last November, I was told by the then factory service scheduler (Linda Alemon) that the dealer was supposed to go checkthrough the items listed in the Redwood handbook give the owner a dated copy and send a copy to the factory. I had had my inspection done too early by the dealer service manager and all he did was place his initials on the sticker that is located on the inside of the utility center door. I had no information as to what he did and Linda confirmed that he did not send a copy to the factory. I deciide to have the inspection re-done at the factory service center to make sure it was done correctly.

I am guessing that many dealers missed the communications from Redwoodabout doing the annual inspections and what it is they are supposed to be inspecting besides their "shoe shine"!! And of course we owners are not exactly without guilt.........who ever reads the owners manual?

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
Site Team

The dealer told me he was not going to send a report to Redwood but I could if I wanted to. I will fax it to them and keep a copy for my records.