Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #1

Wiring skematic or narratives on how the coax is wired on a Redwood 39MB?

I am second owner but first hardly used but I am having a difficult time get the three tv’s going. It appears there was a coax issue between where the satellite and cable hooks up out by the valve dump control area and the street side rear corner where the coax goes up into the slide. The PO disconnected the splices (connectors) on the street side and apparently just hooked up there to use his sat receiver. As I don’t know how the furnace rv is wired splitters etc, I am lost. Any ideas?
Pockets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #2

There is a generalized coax cable routing, but depending on year, model, and options, your mileage may vary. Someone on here suggested purchasing a cable tracing tool to find the routing on your model. Ours is a rear living (RL) so the coax enters the rear of the kitchen slide and travels up behind the desk, fireplace and the TV to the upper middle cabinet. Yours may be different so sorry to say some tracing legwork may be in your future.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #3

This topic has been discussed on these forums a great deal. I suggest you do some searches here for some really good detail that has been posted.

That said, so much depends on how you intend to use your system especially regarding the satellite system and receivers you want to use.