Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #1

Window Regulator

Has anyone replaced the window regulator yourself? The dealer had to order one for mine and I would rather install it myself than take in back in and wait. How hard is it for someone that is a little mechanically inclined to do?

This is the one that opens the bedroom window above the bed out about 4" and looks like a scissor operation. It uses the round knob.

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:04 PM   #2

IMO, if they installed at the factory I figure I can do most anything as good or better than they do, they don't give a damn as long as it gets out the door. I would definitely give it a try, maybe the Kinro website would help or give them a call, I got the escape window arm from them & they were pleasant to talk to.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #3

I just worked on one of ours. There are little round "pucks" on the end of the scissor arms that ride in a track on the bottom of the window. When we tried to open one of our windows after winter storage, the window was stuck and my wife forced it. The "pucks popped out of the track. So, I basically went through the same process you would to replace the regulator. You simply slide one of the pucks in track from the end and then slide it all the way over to the other side of the window so you can get the puck in track on the opposite side. All you need to do now is pop rivet (or use small, short, nuts and bolts) the regulator to the frame. Took me about 10 minutes start to finish including clean up
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #4

Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is harder to hitch the trailer up than to replace this part. I think a little DYI project is in my future...
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote