Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #11

We all have different likes and dislikes. Just reading through the list of posted things, I see some that would be ok, and others that I wouldn't like. If the manufacture listed everything possible as options, the list would be so long it would be like a novel. With every RV that we have had, we have added or changed things to our liking. Of course there are some things you can't change, but you learn to live with it the way it is.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
Site Team

There were a few things I really wanted when I was shopping for a 5er.

#1 large holding tanks
#2 residential furniture
#3 full body paint (tired if stickers)
#4 larger shower and easier bathroom to maneuver in
#5 more storage both inside and out
#6 disk brakes

My Redwood has all of these and we love it. The other option we did was a slid-in-slide, which again we love. The only real disappointment I had was where the fresh water tank was. But I'm now convinced I WAS WRONG and Redwood was right in it's location because I believe the location of the fresh water tank is what makes my Redwood pull like a dream. Even in adverse weather my trailer follows like it was designed to be a piece of my truck.

I think an RV is like a spouse, there's a lot of good ones out there you simply have to find the BEST one for you. Like a souse, every RV will have issues and navigating through those issues is what brings out the best in each of us.

Happy Trails

Old 05-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #13

I have a 38BR and had only one issue with the unit as delivered. There was a centre seam in the office at the back that was not properly taped. The dealer fixed that and off we went for over 6 weeks and 6000 miles. We had some trim that swelled due to humidity and some that shook loose. On return to the dealer for winter prep the trim was removed and replaced with glue and nails and the other things that shook loose were adjusted.

Spring inspection found no issues and we are ready to go again this summer.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #14

When you find a RV manufacturer without a major lack of quality at the assembly plant, let us know.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdriver
Thank you all for your responses. I looked at a lot of older posts, about problems and repairs. seems to me that for a high end 5th wheel, there is a major lack of quality workmanship at the assembly plant. this has me concerned as i am shopping for a*new 5th wheel in this price range.
We have a 36FL and have had no major issues, only a couple of minor issues resulting from the delivery to the dealer. One must consider that our coach completed a 3,000 mile delivery to the dealer.

No manufacturer builds without problems, as these units are built by humans, who have a tendency to have off days. What you should look for is warranty and the RW is one of the best, if not the best. In addition to the warranty, check out how the manufacturer honours the warranty. Researching old posts on this forum you will find the greatest majority are happy with how RW addresses the issues.

We are extremely happy with our coach and would recommend RW to anyone.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #16

Oriana...have you solved the issue of brushing your teeth over the bathroom sink? If so, please tell me your secret.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
When you find a RV manufacturer without a major lack of quality at the assembly plant, let us know.

X2
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
Oriana...have you solved the issue of brushing your teeth over the bathroom sink? If so, please tell me your secret.
Only solution we have found requires being a contortionist, resulting in lower back pain and twisted neck. This is usually followed by a reminder from DW to dry the counter when finished.

First day I wacked my forehead on the cabinet

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #19

My grand solution was to cut a hole in the wall and partially recess the cabinet. Oh yeah...pocket door. I'm actually thinking about purchasing a piece of countertop from RW and cutting a new sink hole in that piece in order to relocate the sink further away from the wall. I'll gladly buy an inch or two in order to save my forehead from another bruise.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote