Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2016, 10:34 PM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty glampers View Post
Just walking around Lazy Days is a good day.
Just walking around Lazy Days can be a Expensive Day !!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Just walking around Lazy Days can be a Expensive Day !!!
We have reservations for the end of next month. We really liked it there.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #623

Is thier campground that nice >? I have been at the trailer sales, but never at the campground
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:29 AM   #624

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Had a tough weekend emptied the black tank and installed a handle on the screen door. Next weekend am going all out and install our plexiglass on the screen.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 AM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Had a tough weekend emptied the black tank and installed a handle on the screen door. Next weekend am going all out and install our plexiglass on the screen.
ROFL, like Dirty Harry said, a man has to know his limitations !!!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #626

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I wanted to install my shocks this weekend but am still waiting for the longer brackets from sonny
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #627

Quote:
ROFL, like Dirty Harry said, a man has to know his limitations !!!
I have a basement full of parts that need to be installed but a fella has to thouerley think these things out. There is no need to rush right into these things
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #628

Quote:
Guys, its a great day when that's all I "Did to my Redwood Today" !!!!!

Today is one of the first days I have been setup in the direct sun with current outside temp in the mid 90s since the last A/C mods / corrections I made this winter with the A/C returns. The rear A/C unit cycles on and off occasionally as the interior temperature is maintained at 72 degrees.

New 17.5 Tires I bought from Ron will arrive in Tallahassee FL tomorrow, my BIL is going to pick them up and get the balanced for me, I will travel to Tallahassee FL from Tampa on Friday and install them. I think I have a buyer for my old G614s that wants to come by next weekend

I am a Happy Camper today !!!!
What were the A/C mods you made? We camped this weekend and it got hot after the storms here in NE Texas. The front of the 2012 36FL RW was very warm and had trouble cooling down without a fan blowing from the kitchen area. The previous owner installed a 3rd A/C unit with a seperate 30 amp wiring to be plugged in but I was concerned about plugging it in since I was already hooked to the 50 amp. I guess I could have shut down one A/C unit and ran the front unit. I intend to wire that front unit into the panel box eventually and have it where I can run the main and either the front or middle unit together. I assume the main unit is the rear unit since the thermostat is on the back wall of the kitchen (this thermostat has the heat pump capability). The other thermostat (I assume the central unit on the roof) is in the front living area. I need to do something before the hot 100+ degree summer down here.
GWHoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWHoll View Post
What were the A/C mods you made? We camped this weekend and it got hot after the storms here in NE Texas. The front of the 2012 36FL RW was very warm and had trouble cooling down without a fan blowing from the kitchen area. The previous owner installed a 3rd A/C unit with a seperate 30 amp wiring to be plugged in but I was concerned about plugging it in since I was already hooked to the 50 amp. I guess I could have shut down one A/C unit and ran the front unit. I intend to wire that front unit into the panel box eventually and have it where I can run the main and either the front or middle unit together. I assume the main unit is the rear unit since the thermostat is on the back wall of the kitchen (this thermostat has the heat pump capability). The other thermostat (I assume the central unit on the roof) is in the front living area. I need to do something before the hot 100+ degree summer down here.
We own a 2012 36FL. In our unit, the living room thermostat controls the rear AC. The kitchen AC controls the front AC. And yes...it's hard to regulate the temp on the bedroom. I'm thinking about relocating the living room thermostat to the bedroom. The newer models of the FL have a thermostat located in the bedroom...guess RW saw the error of their ways...at least for the thermostat location.

Bob
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #630

Picked it up from ExplorerUSA Fort,worth today. Looks like they got all the warranty items plus added a Dishwasher. We have had way too much rain so it is sitting in my front driveway. I hope the neighbors don't mind, but it is going to take a couple weeks to dry out.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzby View Post
We own a 2012 36FL. In our unit, the living room thermostat controls the rear AC. The kitchen AC controls the front AC. And yes...it's hard to regulate the temp on the bedroom. I'm thinking about relocating the living room thermostat to the bedroom. The newer models of the FL have a thermostat located in the bedroom...guess RW saw the error of their ways...at least for the thermostat location.

Bob
Our 2013 36RL has two A/C's, with one A/C in the bedroom with it's own T'stat. Even when Midwest temp's hit 100+ our two A/C's keep our RW very cozy.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:49 AM   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWHoll View Post
I believe Rob did almost the same to his as the factory service center did to ours.
First they sealed all open areas between the ceiling vents and duct. There is a void if you pull a vent out that is open to the inner roof areas. Shortened the collars on the vents so they didn't stick up into the duct. On the FL model the main ducts go past the last vents in the living room by 3' or so. This was reduced to were the last vents were.
My main problem was the units on the roof. Both seals had blew out or were never installed which made the return air mike with the cold air.
I have tried it here since and seems to work great but I have not been out in hot weather yet but I think it is going to do fine.... Got my fingers crossed!

Steve
Old 05-03-2016, 02:10 AM   #633

My A/C Mods to improve performance

My FL came with a total of 7 ceiling registers, at the Rally last year, during the A/C Vendors seminar they said each 15K Unit should have 5 ceiling registers per unit, I added 3 ceiling registers and balanced them so each duct line has 5 registers for a total of 10 now.

The Foam seal between the supply and return on the Roof Top A/C had been sucked out on both units causing supply cold air to simply loop around back to the intake side instead of going down the supply ducts. Sealed the Foam in place to keep the supply and returns separate.

The return duct area was almost blocked by the Foil Bubble wrap falling down and blocking the return from the ceiling vents to the A/C plenum area. Added a second set of return ceiling grates next to the duct line to allow access to repair / unblock so the return air around the ducts to improve air flow.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:25 AM   #634

Quote:

My FL came with a total of 7 ceiling registers, at the Rally last year, during the A/C Vendors seminar they said each 15K Unit should have 5 ceiling registers per unit, I added 3 ceiling registers and balanced them so each duct line has 5 registers for a total of 10 now.

The Foam seal between the supply and return on the Roof Top A/C had been sucked out on both units causing supply cold air to simply loop around back to the intake side instead of going down the supply ducts. Sealed the Foam in place to keep the supply and returns separate.

The return duct area was almost blocked by the Foil Bubble wrap falling down and blocking the return from the ceiling vents to the A/C plenum area. Added a second set of return ceiling grates next to the duct line to allow access to repair / unblock so the return air around the ducts to improve air flow.
Rob...at the Rally in Aug, I like to take a look at your AC mods. I think we have some of the same issues that you had to correct.

Bob
Old 05-03-2016, 03:00 AM   #635

Quote:

Wow, sounds like a lot of work. I only have 4 registers in my 2012 36FL, 2 in the bedroom and 2 in the kitchen. I would love to have 2 in the front living area to suck the hot air out of there. What did you seal the foam with between the return and supply on the upper units. I would love more details on your modifications and pictures if available. If Bob gets with you at the rally, maybe he can get some pictures when he does the modification himself. I probably won't be able to wait that long though cause 100 plus is coming soon here in Texas.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #636

Below is a PDF recap of all my A/C mods to improve performance of the system

Roof AC Mod.pdf

Old 05-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #637

Quote:

Attachment 2114
Thanks Rob. I'll probably get started prior to the Rally also!

Bob
Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #638

Quote:

Attachment 2114
Thanks Rob. I sure appreciate everyone's input on this forum, being a newby RW owner, it sure has been helpful. Hate to see trouble with RW rigs, but I understand that all RV's are gonna have trouble. So far I have lost the spare 15 miles from the dealership, had both propane regulators leak or not work, and had a leak in my rear grey tank slide valve (which after changing seals and further investigation, turned out to be a slight drip from a small crack in the flange on the tank side of the valve), just cut a 3 sided square out of the belly pan under it to let it drip instead of build up. The leak is on my list to fix eventually. Wish they made a square dresser coupling for stuff like this (may have to create one). Trying to stay ahead of any other problems.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #639

Thanks Rob, that document is really helpful.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #640

Rob...very nice work.
Shouldn't this document find its way to the technical library?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote