Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Andy,

What do the local mobile chaps at Indian Waters in Indio charge for doing your RW? I am thinking about using the Blue Beacon in Fort Wayne when I return from Washington state. Then, when we go to Florida this winter I will get a full wash and wax job.

Guy
They want $80 for the RW or $105 for RW and truck. This is for the liquid wax and detailing all tires and rims.

For wash, paste wax with buffing they want about $250.

They do such a great job I normally give them $120.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
They want $80 for the RW or $105 for RW and truck. This is for the liquid wax and detailing all tires and rims.

For wash, paste wax with buffing they want about $250.

They do such a great job I normally give them $120.
Andy,

Wow! Much better price than in Florida. Last winter, they wanted $350. to $450. for wash and past wax.

Thanks for the info.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
There are a couple of guys here where we are workcamping with beautiful class A's who swear by WashWax All, a dry wash/wax product. They say you apply this stuff to a relatively clean surface[ they use it for their rig and toad vehicles, you just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.

Anyone here know anything about it, used it?
Just wanted to say thanks for referencing WashWax - I just did my truck and RW and am quite happy with the results. The RW was cleaned quickly using the extendable pole and micro fiber pads and I did the truck by hand. Both look clean and shiny wax. While I was doing the truck someone driving by stopped and commented that they used WashWax also. I guess the blue liquid and blue micro fibers give it away.

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #24

After reading what this product does on their website, I went ahead and ordered the Mop Kit with the bug buster mini mop head. I think this is the ticket!
-Jack

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Longhorn
2014 RW 38RE
USN Retired
RAMN8TER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #25

Been using WashWaxAll now for about six months, the application is so easy and I always draw a crowd when cleaning the truck or rig...

Last month I was cleaning the rig and a guy in the park came running out telling me I wasn't allowed to wash my rig in the park without paying a fee to use water for washing, I just laughed and told him I wasn't using water...his facial expression was priceless!!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #26
TnB

I had bought some WashWaxAll at a rally. It seemed to work good on the RV.

Unfortunately, the Upholstery Cleaner I bought, under the same brand name, removed the coloring on my faux leather couch. It may have just been my home couch, but be sure to test use their product on a hidden part of your furniture (as per their instructions).
TnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn H View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for referencing WashWax - I just did my truck and RW and am quite happy with the results. The RW was cleaned quickly using the extendable pole and micro fiber pads and I did the truck by hand. Both look clean and shiny wax. While I was doing the truck someone driving by stopped and commented that they used WashWax also. I guess the blue liquid and blue micro fibers give it away.

They sell a lot of this stuff at Oshkosh during the air show. That's where I bought mine.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #28
Site Team

Been using this stuff for years. Got it first for the plane and then realized why not car and truck. Haven't done the RW yet, but it's next.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #29

I have been using McQuires wash and Presta Fast Wax, great results. For in between waxes I use Mxquires quick wax (spray on wipe off with micro fiber cloth) for the front cap and am having good results. I use windowshield wash with bug remover to wash the front cap prior to applying the wax. I have also used blue beacon on both the coach and truck and they did a great job.