Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

Water leaks

Late December through mid January, St. Louis experienced sub freezing weather, down to zero. This caused my filter bowl to crack. Have fixed the filter bowl, but have a different leak. I cannot see the leak because it is leaking from above the left (port) propane tank. Only leaks when the shower is being used. Was wondering if this might be something common, like the ice maker leaking? How do I gain access to the area above the propane tank? Any suggestions? Model: 2014 39MB.
Kingranchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:55 AM   #2

If it only leaks when the shower is used, it's not likely to be the icemaker line. I'm not familiar with that model so can't offer much past maybe the p-trap for the shower. Access might be behind the basement wall.

Mark
Old 01-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #3

We have a 2015 39MB and experienced a water leak shortly after purchase coming from under the shower towards the washer - dryer. We finally found it by removing the washer- dryer and removing shower access panel, turns out it was a fitting to the washer.
Don't know if this will help, but water does move in mysterious ways.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:51 AM   #4

We just had a water leak and turns out ours was the ice maker line 2015 36RL

Also we broke both L/R side stack of springs on the front axle with about 20,000 to 25,000 miles on it
osolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #5

My husband and I have a RW3901WB 2019 Redwood. We have a leak in the bathroom. The water pools to the front of the rv where the double sinks are, closest to the closet. There is water underneath the vanity too, we have to keep towels under there until we can locate the leak. We also found water when we took the safe out of the floor of the closet, insulation is wet also. We have a pole barn 60 foot cover over it year round, no rain gets on the rv, so we know it must be coming from inside somewhere. We do not and have never had a washer dryer unit until he rv, but the closet where it can be installed we use as a storage closet. My husband took the panel off, the panel the butts up to the shower, we ran the shower and saw no leaks. There is no visible water on the main part of the bathroom floor, it seems to be coming from under the vanity. We have tried in vain to find the leak and cannot find it. Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks for any help/suggestions. Shellie Neuman
ShellieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingranchers View Post
Late December through mid January, St. Louis experienced sub freezing weather, down to zero. This caused my filter bowl to crack. Have fixed the filter bowl, but have a different leak. I cannot see the leak because it is leaking from above the left (port) propane tank. Only leaks when the shower is being used. Was wondering if this might be something common, like the ice maker leaking? How do I gain access to the area above the propane tank? Any suggestions? Model: 2014 39MB.
Did you guys find your leak? I’m guessing since it only happens while you use the shower, it’s either the drain or the pressure line between the shower control valve and shower head.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieN View Post
My husband and I have a RW3901WB 2019 Redwood. We have a leak in the bathroom. The water pools to the front of the rv where the double sinks are, closest to the closet. There is water underneath the vanity too, we have to keep towels under there until we can locate the leak. We also found water when we took the safe out of the floor of the closet, insulation is wet also. We have a pole barn 60 foot cover over it year round, no rain gets on the rv, so we know it must be coming from inside somewhere. We do not and have never had a washer dryer unit until he rv, but the closet where it can be installed we use as a storage closet. My husband took the panel off, the panel the butts up to the shower, we ran the shower and saw no leaks. There is no visible water on the main part of the bathroom floor, it seems to be coming from under the vanity. We have tried in vain to find the leak and cannot find it. Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks for any help/suggestions. Shellie Neuman
Bad thing is water can travel especially when insulation is involved. I would first check ALL the connections you can get to, both drain and pressure side. Do you know if it leaks when not in use? ie a pressure line vs drain? That may be helpful. If there is nothing obviously leaking, some deconstruction may be necessary. I would triple check all the connections first to avoid deconstruction for obvious reasons.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:18 PM   #8

Thank you. We are waiting on a mobile RV service to come out. Haven’t been able to locate the leak ourselves, yet. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
If it only leaks when the shower is used, it's not likely to be the icemaker line. I'm not familiar with that model so can't offer much past maybe the p-trap for the shower. Access might be behind the basement wall.

Mark

shower drain rubber gasket dried up install new shiny shower drain it will give it a new look and fresh rubber gasket, plumbers putty dries out ,silicone it
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:54 AM   #10

The Icemaker line

I have a leak in my ice maker line. The fridge is a Samsung and it looks to me like I could pull it out enough to gain access to the ice maker line. My question really is: What tips/or tricks have you used to get the fridge pulled out of that snug compartment where it lives? Should I build up a platform the same height as the slide? All that said, the leak might possibly be right where the ¼" hose goes into the slide. It seems like kind of a harsh bend.If that is the case, is there enough hose inside that I may possibly pull another 3 or 4 inches out to where I could splice it? Thanks for any knowledge you may have about this.
pfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:48 AM   #11

Hello, gosh, our leak was in the bathroom in front of our double sinks. So I wouldn’t be able to offer any help with an ice maker line leak, sorry! Maybe someone else reading this can help.
Old 01-13-2024, 04:58 PM   #12

Has anyone replaced a water heater (Suburban) in a 2020 Redwood? I have a new one on order but just need to know how to get access to the back side of the water heater. Thank you.
MVhuizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 09:46 AM   #13

Don’t know what model you have but my 2020 3401 has the water heater just behind the curved basement wall. I think it’s just 2 screws each on either side of the curved wall.
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote