Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #1

Talking Washer Drain line flex and supply line fixes

I have this exact same camper i just bought it used recently,2012 36 RE.

Issue #1. Washer drain Flex line under bed pedestal,
flooded corner of bedroom first time i used the washer, must pull bed pedestal apart at the top panel to get at it.
separated flex line fitting from pvc male compression adapter, there were no washers installed from factory at all on flex line ends, put back together retightned compression fittings. gentle tug to test connection and it came apart again,
bought some new compression fittings and stretched 1 1/2" x 1 1/4" neoprene washers from HD, it stays together now, tight and no leaks!!

Also Saw a video fix on this site or u tube and installed "lowes" 2 brass "Blue Hawk" 90 degree pex fitting with 1/2" hose barb brass inlet fittings with clamps,

Cut plastic inline splices out,
90's make a better fit for washer supply line hose under bed with supply lines tie wrapped together
the rerouted supply hoses should not hang up on anything now, by cutting plastic fittings out and put some brass blue hawk pex 90's they swivel as they come out of floor with 1/2" hose barbs,
A blue pex tubing cutter was from lowes worked great.

couple packages of clamps brass fittings and liquid teflon and a assortment of tie wraps to tie up washer supply lines together so they wont hang up and tidyed up wires in there too with tie wraps.

test slide and watch hoses to make sure they have free movement leak check everything,

might put a couple blocks between luan sheeting to give more clearance under bedroom pedestal drawer flex line compartment paneling has sagged a little bit and could cause flex hose to hang up.

Another redwooder also cut out lower 1x2 out for more clearance must check that out lucky i have a small hand held sawsall if necessary.

2. Next issue was original washer supply lines were kinked at the wall, installed new stainless braided lines from HD orange box store as they were kinked from the tight fit in the washer slide out,
installed brass 90 degree brass hose inlet fittings and stainless braided lines from HD orange box store in the washer slide out working well now.

Also washer is so heavy and awkward in the cabinet. washer inlet pressure error on machine? website said check strainer assembly,
its under front lower access cover covered by woodwork of cabinet face.
3. found a large womens ear ring in drain pump strainer assembly which is under front lower cover concealed by front cabinet base tough to get out of there raised it up on 2x4 blocks so i could remove cover tough job.

Also replaced water heater anode and element, wire brushed and buffed old one for a spare element covered in calcium and water filter trashed also
Faucet aerators were choked up to, had low pressure at all faucets. replaced one with new delta faucet did not have acess to OEM "Duro" brand cartridges, works better now.

looks like i have the left compression nut on crooked must check that or this is a older photo before i checked it

this was a very unexpected project but it is handled now for the moment and should be problem free .

kitchen faucet is next,

Karl b.
Austin Tx /Dallas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flex line repair.jpg (133.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg redwood hoses.jpg (237.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg washer supply fittings2.jpg (596.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg plumbing mes (1).jpg (164.6 KB, 8 views)
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #2

You were busy.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote