Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #21

I don't think the needs of fulltimers are unique compared to others - everyone would like to get faster response and service. Vacationers are equally invested in their time, if not more
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #22
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbrux View Post
Redwood needs to consider the unique needs of full-timers. By the time approval for service work is received, we need to be down the road.
Preston
Agree 100%. This is the primary reason I tend to do all my own service work if I can. However I'm going to have to break down and plan for some service time in the Spring.

AA,
While I agree, non-Fulltimers would generally be happy with a 1-2 week turnaround. I would prefer a next day turnaround for approvals if not same day. The auto industry does it, there's no technical reason it can't happen. Just complacency of the RV industry.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #23

Na - see if mine breaks down on vacation, I need if fixed that day because I can't reschedule time off for myself or family and the year of planning is broken. I don't have 2 weeks.

Now fulltimers (retired) are supposed to have all the time in the world right Aren't they the "don't rush me I drive 60 mph" guys

Basically - I would be bent if my unit got pushed out so a fulltimer could get priority. Fulltimers need a plan B like the rest of us.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #24

But for Full Timers, it's their Home
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:58 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
When your living in your house and the furnace goes out and it's -30 do you think you should be put behind someone that is in a place for a 2 week vacation full timers live in these things
Old 12-31-2014, 03:27 AM   #26
Site Team

I think the companies should rush the full timers in some sort of express lane.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:26 AM   #27

I paid the same for my rig as a fulltimer did, so why should I get shoved to the back of the line because I don't live in mine. Sorry folks, no sympathy here.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #28

So you're saying if the furnace, hot water heater, or other major thing goes out in your S&B you don't have a problem waiting days or even weeks for repair????
I do agree there should be some kind of policy as there is a lot of difference between someone on the road needing repairs and a unit that has been dropped off awaiting repairs. Not 100% how you balance between someone on Vacation and Full Timers.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #29

If the furnace goes out in my house, I have the same option you do if the furnace goes out in your RV - call an emergency mobile repairman.

Catastrophic situations are what they are, and I would expect the Service Writer to work with either of us if our wheel fell off and we were stranded, either on vacation or traveling abroad.

However, if my door needs adjusted under warranty I expect the same place in line for service as you if your door needs adjusted under warranty. No special accommodations for fulltimers because it is "inconvenient". If I got pushed back on my repair schedule for every fulltimer that came in with a priority of convenience, mine would never get fixed. Fulltiming is a choice, and with that is a responsibility to come up with a work around repairs and warranty because these are RVs and they break..... a lot
Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
If the furnace goes out in my house, I have the same option you do if the furnace goes out in your RV - call an emergency mobile repairman.

Catastrophic situations are what they are, and I would expect the Service Writer to work with either of us if our wheel fell off and we were stranded, either on vacation or traveling abroad.

However, if my door needs adjusted under warranty I expect the same place in line for service as you if your door needs adjusted under warranty. No special accommodations for fulltimers because it is "inconvenient". If I got pushed back on my repair schedule for every fulltimer that came in with a priority of convenience, mine would never get fixed. Fulltiming is a choice, and with that is a responsibility to come up with a work around repairs and warranty because these are RVs and they break..... a lot

Thank you, well said you brought my blood pressure back down. Warranty work is the same if your full time, part time or weekenders, TAKE A NUMBER!!

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #31
lwg

Some dealers actually have hookups for us full timers. I know Lazydays in Tucson does this, only problem is they are way down there...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #32

lwg,
Just an FYI, I scheduled a service appointment several months ago for Lazydays in Tucson for the end of January, expecting to stay in their lot. I was told that they sold the lot and had to book at the KOA next door. When we bought the rig last February, we were in the lot for almost a week. All good things come to an end....I guess!

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #33

A little bit more gas on this one...

Anyone have a sticker on the side of their Redwood that says "RECREATIONAL" Vehicle... I think mine says residential vehicle... but I will verify when I get home today from work... I do see both side of this discussion, from my perspective though my Golden Rule applies here as it does most places...

Happy New Years to all...

B n D

His TV: 2014 RAM 3500 MC DRW 6.7 CTD AISIN
His RV: 2014 REDWOOD 38FL (House)
Her TV: 2013 RAM 1500 CC 5.7 Hemi
Her RV: 2010 VCross 20VFB (Camper)
Bill n Diana is offline   Reply With Quote