Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 02:03 AM   #1

wardrobe door slides

My 2015 38RL has 2 sliding doors for the wardrobe that are mounted on what look like drawer slides. A few days ago, the doors started separating at the top about 3/4" when closed. They are tight at the bottom where the pin latch is.
Yesterday, the right door came off the slide while we were between Elkhart and Cleveland. I got it back in and all seemed to be ok. On the road today, the other came off its track. Anyone have any suggestions?? I can't see anything wrong, but obviously something is. This has never been a problem before.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #2

it was always a problem on our 38gk, so much so that we secured the doors 'open' even to try and stop them from vibrating loose...

nothing we tried help and then the wood split at the top - that was the final straw for us...

maybe it was because of the long overhang on the 38gk that caused a lot of up and down movement of the rear of the trailer or more likely it was no pilot holes for the srews into the wood frame that split the door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20141129-00547.jpg (117.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20141129-00550.jpg (263.6 KB, 6 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
My 2015 38RL has 2 sliding doors for the wardrobe that are mounted on what look like drawer slides. A few days ago, the doors started separating at the top about 3/4" when closed. They are tight at the bottom where the pin latch is.
Yesterday, the right door came off the slide while we were between Elkhart and Cleveland. I got it back in and all seemed to be ok. On the road today, the other came off its track. Anyone have any suggestions?? I can't see anything wrong, but obviously something is. This has never been a problem before.
I believe that the are on 28" drawer slides. These will need the be inspected and replaced if needed. Redwood only pleased these in with 3 small #6-8? 3/4" screws I just pulled mine a couple of days ago. The slides were fine but I upgraded the screws and placed 6 in each slide. There is a heavy duty track that can be ordered and I will do this soon. Make sure that when you place larger screws into new holes that you drill the wood first or you will crack it
Old 08-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #4

Check your door stop in between the doors mine broke off there then your doors can roll right off to one side hence one door comes off
Freedom 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom 55 View Post
Check your door stop in between the doors mine broke off there then your doors can roll right off to one side hence one door comes off
I checked the slides and there is nothing preventing them from sliding right off the tracks! So I am missing the door stop. What does it look like and where does it go? The top looks like a logical place, but I cannot find any screw holes there.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:30 AM   #6

It is just a 90 degree angle bracket about 2inchs x2 inches and slips under the track and uses that track screw and one more that's the way mine is anyway
Old 08-18-2016, 02:32 AM   #7

I put one under each track now cause it had one and it broke
Old 08-18-2016, 03:20 AM   #8

L bracket

Thanks for the info. I found half an L bracket on the floor, so I guess that was what failed. I like the idea of using 2. I appreciate the help.