Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #1

We are getting really close to placing our order for the 38GK. One of the things on the upgrade list are Unaguard Upgrade Awnings for the the main and 2nd awnings. I am not sure if this is important or not. One of the reasons we are planning on ordering instead of buying off the lot, is that I want things that I can't find all in one unit. We received a list of upgrades from the dealer and have spent the past couple of days trying to come up with a final list!

If we do add the upgraded awnings, we can't get the led lights in the awnings. Is that a big deal or not?

We are very new to this whole process, so since we will be living in the RW full time, we want to make sure we get everything we need. I am not big of adding things after it leaves the factory.

Does anyone know about the Outdoor Entertainment Center? Does it include a TV or is it just the setup?

Thanks to everyone on this Forum. You are all such a wonderful source of information! Hopefully one day I will be able to help someone out as well.
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #2

We did that upgrade on our FB (not delivered yet). It seemed like a good idea. I have seen mixed reviews, but decided that there were more pros than cons.

I guess we'll get some string of tiki lights if we want to have some on the awning (;

JJ

Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #3

The LEDs stick on the side under the awning rail I have them
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #4

We ordered both awnings with the unigard option. We found that the cover helps protect the awning from sun and weather damage. We just past our 36RL's firstanniversary and they still look new. If the LED lights are important they can be purchased on many web sites.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #5

we ordered the unigaurd on both awnings as well. True, the factory wont add LED option if you get the unigard option. It must be a compatibility thing.

The ouside entertainment we got also. It does come with a TV (with connections at the ceiling) and the sliding bracket. Now what is going to feed it signal is beyond me.
Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #6

Do with the Outdoor Entertainment, what size is the TV and if the mounting is on the top, does it come out where you can turn the TV to different directions in order to watch? We were planing to add a TV to the basement, but if it is an option then we will just add it.
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #7

The outside entertainment center is fed by the same feed as the bedroom
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #8

Thanks Buck

SW117, I wish I knew more but I dont. I've only seen picks. Its not a big TV.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #9

We got our 31SL in May, without the Unigard option. Oops. Does anyone know if an authorized RW dealer can install the Unigard piece over an already existing awning? If yes, are there any gotchas to look out for? Has anyone done this, and were you pleased with the result?
Bklamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #10

I can't be 100 percent certain, but I believe the unigard is the awning manufactures option, so it would have to be ordered from them. The ones that I have seen, the metal covering is between the awning rail and the fabric. I think to convert the awning, either the fabric would have to be cut and redone to add the unigard, or the fabric replaced with one that has the unigard already attached.