Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Dan

Here is a picture of the bulge that justappearedunder the window on the dinning slide, note I had to out line it with a pencel as it was hard to see it in the direct sun light. I sent an email to Ron Howard I will see what he has to say

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Site Team

No worries! I had same thing on my dinning room slide but mine was at the bottom. They removed that wall and put a new wall in it's place.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Dan

Dave
Was your bulge in the slide end wall? This one is the end right next to the entrance door right were every one see it
I was under the impression the "slides" were a one piecemouldedbox?
How long did it take for your's to be repair?

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Dave
Â*Was your bulge in the slide end wall? This one is the end right next to the entrance door right were every one see itÂ*
I was under the impression the "slides" were a one pieceÂ*mouldedÂ*box? Â*
How long did it take for your's to be repair?

Dan
yes i had water damage on the slide wall by the door. They took that wall off and put on a new one. They only had it a few days. I think Ron was the guy that fixed it because he was working in the shop then. They also had to fix a bubble on the side but that was caused by not having enough glue under the fiberglass.

They did a great job and you can't tell there was a problem.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #5

Dave, I have recently found the same type of bulges on four of the sides of the slides. We are having the mobile teck from Lifestyle RV in Grain Valley Mo come out to Rutlander RV Park and do the first year inspection. We full time in our 36FB and will be in the Kansas City area for a couple of weeks. We did not buy from Lifestyle RV, they take care of their customers first and could not schedule us for the inspection within the 30 day window required so they have referred us to have the inspection completed by their mobile teck. The reason I mention all this is I believe I read in an earlier post that Lifestyle is where you bought your Redwood. Did you have the repairs to your rig worked on at Lifestyle or have you taken it somewhere else ? I have not followed all the threads on this forum to be familiar with all the info that has been posted. I called the Redwood Warranty telephone number and was told to take pictures of the damage and send them to lnielson@crossroadsrv.com to get approval to have the warranty work done. We will be in Colorado for a month or so and then be coming back through Kansas City. If you recommend Lifestyle for quality repairs I will try and schedule the work to be done there. I also had to make an emergency repair to the seam that seals the front cap to the roof membrane. Eight out of fourteen screws that complete the seal were broken during installation and the wind from driving down the road caused the TPO roofing to pull away from the seam and separate from the roof decking. I caught it before to much damage was done, but I need them to address that issue also. Thanks for your info.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denn & Carolann
Dave, I have recently found the same type of bulges on four of the sides of the slides. We are having the mobile teck from Lifestyle RV in Grain Valley Mo come out to Rutlander RV Park and do the first year inspection. We full time in our 36FB and will be in the Kansas City area for a couple of weeks. We did not buy from Lifestyle RV, they take care of their customers first and could not schedule us for the inspection within the 30 day window required so they have referred us to have the inspection completed by their mobile teck. The reason I mention all this is I believe I read in an earlier post that Lifestyle is where you bought your Redwood. Did you have the repairs to your rig worked on at Lifestyle or have you taken it somewhere else ? I have not followed all the threads on this forum to be familiar with all the info that has been posted. I called the Redwood Warranty telephone number and was told to take pictures of the damage and send them to lnielson@crossroadsrv.com to get approval to have the warranty work done. We will be in Colorado for a month or so and then be coming back through Kansas City. If you recommend Lifestyle for quality repairs I will try and schedule the work to be done there. I also had to make an emergency repair to the seam that seals the front cap to the roof membrane. Eight out of fourteen screws that complete the seal were broken during installation and the wind from driving down the road caused the TPO roofing to pull away from the seam and separate from the roof decking. I caught it before to much damage was done, but I need them to address that issue also. Thanks for your info.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your rig. I did buy my trailer from Lifestyles RV but I've always taken my trailer for service to the factory because of my location. I'm 5 hours from the factory and about 6 hours from Lifestyles RV.

I would recommend calling Redwood service techs and I'd try VERY hard to take the rig back to the factory. In my opinion....the dealers are good at the smaller stuff but if there has to be major things fixing like walls and painting I trust the factory more. Who did you buy your rig from? Have they been any help?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #7

Dave do you have a good number for Redwood Service? Since their move I have not had the opportunity to call. I called Crossroads Service on 5 July, spent 2 1/2 hours on hold, left 2 call back numbers and still have not heard from anyone. Perhaps I called the wrong Crossroads service number. In any event, I am having an electrical problem with the 12 volt system. Need to have it checked out and we are currently in Sandwich, MA (Whale watching tomorrow!!). Thanks John
Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Dave do you have a good number for Redwood Service? Since their move I have not had the opportunity to call. I called Crossroads Service on 5 July, spent 2 1/2 hours on hold, left 2 call back numbers and still have not heard from anyone. Perhaps I called the wrong Crossroads service number. In any event, I am having an electrical problem with the 12 volt system. Need to have it checked out and we are currently in Sandwich, MA (Whale watching tomorrow!!). Thanks John
Try 1-574-457-7800. Listen to the prompts, I usually get right through.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #9

We bought our rig from Colerain RV in Cincinnati Ohio. When we made the decision to go full time the location of the dealer we would buy it from really wasn't important. If repairs are needed, most likely we will be in a different part of the country from where we made our purchase. With the network of Redwood dealers and crossroads service centers across the USA we felt that we should be able to find the service we need somewhere close to where we would be at the time. I agree with your suggestion that major repairs would best be done by the factory. There is a crossroads service center in Shawnee Kansas that has been in business for years that my father-in-law has had two rvs rebuilt that had serious damage. He recommends the work they do. I think I will visit their facility and if it is top notch having the repairs completed there will save us a twelve hundred mile round trip. Our daughter and grand kids live overseas but they will be in Olathe Ks through the first of the year.......and because of their extended visit ....so will we.