Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #1

We have a 36RL and I have tried to trace the Sat/Cable lines from the Utility bay to the Living Room entertainment center, the Bedroom TV, and the storage compartment that has TV/Cable outlets. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these cables?
WinterTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTexan

We have a 36RL and I have tried to trace the Sat/Cable lines from the Utility bay to the Living Room entertainment center, the Bedroom TV, and the storage compartment that has TV/Cable outlets. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these cables?
WinterTexan,</span>
I just recently traced out the TV cable system in my 2012 36RL. I can at least provide the information that I learned. The labeling that the dealership sevice technician set updid not make any sense at all. When I return home tomorrow, I canprovide the results that I found. </span>
</span>
Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:

I have a buddy, that works for direct tv. he screw on a tester to each outside cable connector. that way he could check for signals to each inside connector and know how it was wired. then he drew a diagram. all cable tv installers have this testers. hope this helps

Lillyputz
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:

On our 2012 36RL, I traced out the TV cables using a multimeter, jack to jack for direct resistive connections and found the following. Some of the jacks may possibly have splitters on them and so may not indicate a direct connection to other jacks. At some point in time I will try to connect a high frequency signal generator orTV signal sourcetosee if there are other coupling paths.

Utility Docking Panel

1. Jack labeled "Satellite" is connected to curb side storage area jack labeled satellite.

2. Jack labeled "Cable TV" is connected to unknown. Could not find any direct connections to other jacks. May have a splitter sending signals to two or more other locations.

Curb Side Storage Area

1. Jack labeled "Satellite" (top jack)is connected to Docking Panel jack labeled "Satellite".

2. Jack labeled "Cable TV" (bottom jack)is connected to living room (cubby hole above TV) jack labeled "Satellite Out" (frontjack).

Living Room (Cubby hole above TV)

1. Jack labeled "Satellite In" (rear jack) is connected tobedroom satellite jack (jack not on OTA amplifier).

2. Jack labeled "Satellite Out" (front jack) is connected to curb side storage area jack labeled "Cable TV" (bottom jack).

Living Room (Wall plate behind TV)

1. Top jack (not labeled) is connected to the OTA amplifier (from bedroom).

2. Bottom jack (not labeled) is connected to satellite dish mounted on roof.

I hope this helps.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #5

Since your talking tv cables, I was on the roof cleaning he other day and towards the back on the ladder side I found two tv, I assume, cables next to each other on the roof with small caps on them. I have no idea what they are for, anybody have a guess or clue?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklion

Since your talking tv cables, I was on the roof cleaning he other day and towards the back on the ladder side I found two tv, I assume, cables next to each other on the roof with small caps on them.Ā* I have no idea what they are for, anybody have a guess or clue?
Those are for a roof mounted satellite dish one lead goes to the living room and the other goes to the bedroom.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #7

I have a feeling that at the present time there are no two Redwoods wired the same.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #8

Has anyone connected cable to the cable post in the utility bay and actually seen cable channels on their tv? Is there a majic switch hidden somewhere? My antenna works great but cable produces nothing. Any help appreciated.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #9

If using the cable thru the connection in the
convenience center, you need to turn the antenna booster off, set the TV for
cable channels, and then scan the TV for the cable channels.</span><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #10

Quote:

We too have a 36 RL had have problems with the sat/cable connections. We got a diagram via Brian at the factory but only after calling to talk to the CEO. It helped a little bit but we still have issues and are due at the factory next week. this is one of the issues we have but it may mean they have to drop the ceiling to get it fixed.
Just so you can do some of your own looking, there is a splitter/junction box behind the ceiling light fixture in the bedroom. Ours was the light to the right of the TV if you look at the TV. Remove the whole fixture and reach in and feel around. Fortunately we had enough slack in the lines to get it out of the ceiling. Two of the lines were not connected so DH was able to take care of that. Problem is at least one of the lines is not connected to anothing at the other end. There is another splitter.junction box that you are supposed to be able to reach by dropping a light fixture in the living room. DH dropped 6 of them and "thinks" he felt it at arms lenght from the second to the rear end on the door side of the livingroom. BUT there is not enough slack to get it out of the hole to see what is connected. He also had to get under the coach and trace the line from the corner by the ladder into the slide behind the entertainment center. You have to peel back the seal on the bottom, find the conduit and there is a connector there too. We also found that 3 of the sat/cablewires BEHIND the TV and DVD player were not connected to their connectors - they had fallen off. DH used a meter to check for continuity on each wire and we added our own labels to them as the discovered what they were and where they went.
I could go on a but more about this but you may have solved your problem by now. If you are using Dish network we can tell you how we connected ours, what problems we found and how we solved them (if we did solved them). Let me know if you still need the diagram.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #11

Well not to beat the dead horse about crappy cabling job for cable sat antenna,we travelled to south Carolina today without mishap in our 40kb,This is our first trip.As you can guess no TV.Will work on tomm.My real question has anybody tried to be reimbursed for expenses to get this mess cleaned up.When you spend the money we all have you should not have to put out for crappy workmanship.To start with there shouldn't be splitters hidden in wall ceilings and other places.So far in ours nothing is marked and I have found two splitters in wall unit behind wall.I will have to cut an access to get too.well enough just frustrating as I am sure you all have been.thanks for indulging my rant.
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #12

All we just took ours back to the factory and all cable issues were fixed. recommend you find an authorized redwood dealer and coordinate with Brian for repair. Why go thru the work. You paid for a working tv cable. Make the factory authorize the repair work. We did and all is fixed. Brian has been great to deal with.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #13

Temp ran cable thru window so we could watc the weather.Will defer to all good advice and leave my pain to someone else to fix this time.I have to tell everyone on the forum that all the info that has been posted has helped me to check some things pre maiden voyage.Thanks
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote