Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Site Team

Toilet Replacement

For those of you that replaced the Thetford with a Dometic toilet, did you use a 310 or a 320 ?

The bathroom in the RL is not all that large and I don't really want to extend the toilet any more towards the shower than needed. If the 310 is a direct replacement size wise I'll use that one. But if it really makes senses to use the 320 .........

Need opinions please from those of you who have changed it.

Thanks guys !!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:42 PM   #2

I used two 320’s. I have the mid bath and it was tight to the walls in the corner, but it just makes it. We honestly notice no significant difference in space in either bathroom and the elongated bowl is much better. I took the opportunity to add an inline valve at each one and straightened the PEX up to make it look more professional. Love them both, well worth the upgrade.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #3

Here is a link to the manual which has all of the measurements for the 310 and 320 side by side.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/wp-...ies_manual.pdf
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
For those of you that replaced the Thetford with a Dometic toilet, did you use a 310 or a 320 ?

The bathroom in the RL is not all that large and I don't really want to extend the toilet any more towards the shower than needed. If the 310 is a direct replacement size wise I'll use that one. But if it really makes senses to use the 320 .........

Thanks guys !!

We have a 2015 RL38 and last fall I put A 320 with a sprayer in . I set it right against the back wall , did have to move the flange out about 1/2" in the existing hole. As far as floor space I don't feel its a draw back , coming out of the shower or standing at the vanity. It flushes well and leaves plenty of room for the boys , never liked round bowls...…. The water feed did not require any change the flex line coming up just put a 10" radius bend in it and connected directly to the new fill flush valve that is in a slightly different location. I put some extra screws in the 3" floor flange down into the plywood , like everything only had the bare minimum in it. Pick up 8 #10 x 1" Philips head stainless steel Sheetmetal screws at HD and a new TALL 320 with or with out sprayer and you done in 1 hour.

If the foam gasket isn't glued to the bottom of he toilet do it, then let it set up. keeping it in place when your dropping it over the bolts is impossible 100% of the time .

I end up putting a better seat on the toilet , I went with a seat from HD that was plastic and has a LED bowl lite. The standard seat the toilet came with was CRAP , didn't like the way it slid around on the top of the bowl. LED isn't necessary but my wife doesn't like the lights turned on when she is sleeping.

the color is really close but not exact, it was so close she didn't notice . Bone toilet and I think almond seat if I recall.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-C...96-0/206382665

I just looked at the 2013 RL36 floor plan , its the same bedroom and bath room in our trailer. the kitchen and TV wall is slightly different only by a few inches in the pantry kitchen area. I think you will enjoy the new throne
Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post

Thanks guys !!

Vaughn,

Our 2012 36RL (built in Sept 2011) came with a Dometic 310 installed in it.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #6

I replaced the factory Thetford in my 2018GK with the Dometic 320 . I hated the plastic seat on the Thetford which was a PITA to clean. The 320 has a wood seat. I'm a bit disappointed in the flush of the 320 though. Perhaps I don't have quite enough water pressure but the front of the bowl doesn't get completely rinsed during a flush. Water comes from the entire perimeter of the rim but often it runs down in streams not rinsing the entire surface. The Thetford with the single nozzle in the rear seemed to rinse the bowl a bit better.

I did have to install a 90 degree ell on the fresh water feed line when I installed the 320 as the water connection is further forward on the 320 and there was not enough flexibility in the PEX to reach without kinking the PEX. That was ok as I added a separate shut off valve to the toilet at the same time.
PunksRedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #7

Vaughn,
If you can get the 320 to fit, do the 320. I had to do the 310 in our 1/2 bath because the 310 is 10" from centerline of pipe to the back wall, 320 requires 11".

The 310 is just OK. I don't like the open top rim of the bowl on the 310 vs the 320. It seems to splash a lot more than the Thetford ever did.

I think standard on the 320 - but optional on the 310 - be sure to get the slow drop wood seat and sprayer if you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toilet-004.jpg (115.1 KB, 5 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote