Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #41

For those of you thinking of changing tire and wheel combo, I will tell you I made the change to Alcoa forged wheels 17.5 5/8 stud mounted wheels and Cooper RM160 tires 25 thousand miles ago.These tires are a rib design intended for low boy semi trailer useand look as if they were just put on the rig.Tires are now the last thing on my mind while towing. The great thing about 17.5 tires is that they are the same diam. as the 16" tires you currently are running,31.4" so in a pinch you can run your 16 " spare.
redwing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #42

Already asked MorRyde and they will not give any allowance, and no way would I just leave them as they're worth too much, hope to find someone who made the mistake and are stuck with the Marathons and now wish to correct the error.
I've been quoted $2600 for the IS install and they have no problem with our current Kodiak Disc. Wheels and tires will be on top of that approx $600 per tire and wheel assembly.
I actually inquired of the Factory when we were ordering our unit if I could get the Frame sent to MorRyde for the IS, the answer I received was that they work closely with MorRyde, but "Not that close". It's a really great system and I did a poll on the MOC before we had it done to our Montana, and anyone who had the system installed said they would do it again in a heart beat. The rig rides so much better and it helps eliminate a lot of stress and strain on the frame traveling our great roads.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Already asked MorRyde and they will not give any allowance, and no way would I just leave them as they're worth too much, hope to find someone who made the mistake and are stuck with the Marathons and now wish to correct the error.
I've been quoted $2600 for the IS install and they have no problem with our current Kodiak Disc. Wheels and tires will be on top of that approx $600 per tire and wheel assembly.
I actually inquired of the Factory when we were ordering our unit if I could get the Frame sent to MorRyde for the IS, the answer I received was that they work closely with MorRyde, but "Not that close". It's a really great system and I did a poll on the MOC before we had it done to our Montana, and anyone who had the system installed said they would do it again in a heart beat. The rig rides so much better and it helps eliminate a lot of stress and strain on the frame traveling our great roads.
What weight is that system rated for? Would it still be 7000 per axle?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #44

They offer several different ratings. I plan on moving up to 8K, but their's is a little different since each wheel is individual and no tie to the opposite side wheel. It's a really great setup and since we're doing Alaska in 2014 I don't want to worry about the suspension or tires.
Edited by: mhs4771
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote