Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #1

Not sure if anyone has had a smilar proble, but I just wanted to put it out there so you can kkep an eye on. I have a 2012 RE and hae been in it since 4/12. The other day, I was outside and discovered water dripping at a very fast rate into basement storage area. I went inside to find that the toilet did not completely shut off after running water into bowl, causing an overflow. Basement storage floor was soaked.Thetford indicated to me that I need a new water vavle, and that it will fall under warranty work. They also indicated that they redesigned the part and should not cause any issues going foward.

I hope no one else has experienced, but wanted to pass on.

Gary
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #2

That is one of our issues still to be resolved. Explorer USA installed the new valve but put it in wrong and made it where water would not shut off. Another trip to service to correct their goof up and now it is back to either not holding water or watch for overflow. Scheduled at a different service dept - hopefully they can get it right. Sounds like this is not an isolated issue. We have been in our since 3/12. We have been lucky to catch it before the overflow.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #3

I guess I am lucky to have not had this problem yet. I'll be keeping an eye out for the problem now thatI know it is out there. Thanks for the heads up.
Edited by: KR2011

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #4

My new coach just arrived at the dealer late last week. Anyone know when this new updated part has been integrated into the production line?? I'd sure hate to have a problem the first day I get this baby home.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #5

The waste valve on my Thetford toilet wouldn't close all the way unless you side-stepped the flush lever after you were done. I was getting a lot of odor coming up from the black tank....yuck. I picked up some plumbers grease (silicone) at Lowes and put a good smear under the black gasket in the toilet and it's been working fine since. Yes.. I washed my hands afterwards.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote