Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #21

I was wondering how conditions would change when towing. I suppose in as much as road heat impacts the undercarriage, so would road cold. Especially with the water tank on the front.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #22

I'm having a hard time visualizing a stix and brix doing 60 mph in a 40 mph cross breeze... maybe in Hurricane Alley in January!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant

I was wondering how conditions would change when towing. I suppose in as much as road heat impacts the undercarriage, so would road cold. Especially with the water tank on the front.
The wind chill would have an impact on the water tank and any air leaks around the doors or slides.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #24

Dave Wind chill only affects warm blooded things, like people and pets. Ambient temp is ambient temp. Yes, things will cool faster but will not go lower than ambient, if the air is 1c or 33f it is not going to freeze.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Tammy
We had the factory install tank heaters when we ordered our 36RE. They work great!

Think the price was about $150.

If the factory is only charging $150.00 for tank heaters on all 4 tanks everyone should order them when they order their new trailer.

While I have my belly pan removed for a water damage repair I asked my repair center for a price to install tank heaters and switches on all four tanks. The price quoted was $975.00.
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #26

Why are tank heaters not standard on full time living Redwood RV's?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399
Good question. Why aren't there two house batteries and a properly functioning bathroom exhaust fan. My soapbox tells me that it's because too many consumers settle for what they get. Clearly, if the consumer market demanded these things, manufacturers would include them. Some folks definition of a full time coach leaves a bit to be desired.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #28

Your right most dealers order the in stock units the way you would want one but I looks like most order a striped down model my guess is that they just want a lower cost unit to hook the first time buyer
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Are they standard on DRV, Lifestyle, Nu Wa? Are they even optional? I didn't see any when we were shopping features and brands. I would consider Nu Wa and DRV as the "standards" for which other full time coaches should be judged.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Are they standard on DRV, Lifestyle, Nu Wa? Are they even optional? I didn't see any when we were shopping features and brands. I would consider Nu Wa and DRV as the "standards" for which other full time coaches should be judged.
Nuwa is out of business so I don't think you can use them as a standard.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Quote:
Nuwa is out of business so I don't think you can use them as a standard.
Ok, Legend
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #32
Site Team

I think it would be great if a manufacture would offer a TRUE full timers RV package that would include the solar panels, 6 volt battery bank, inverter, tank heaters, enclosed awnings, Sat. dish and air ride.

Unfortunately the only manufacture to my knowlege the only company that does this is New Horizons and they get pretty heavy and pricy.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #33

Is that the custom company?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #34

I wouldn't want tank heaters standard on my fiver. I don't have a need for them and don't want to pay for something I don't need. It's the same with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. What few dishes we use are easy to wash by hand, & we prefer to spend a couple of hours a week at the laundry room to get the clothes washed instead of having to do it every couple of days in the rv. We prefer to use the room for a freezer. Basically what I am getting at is everybody's wants and needs are different, so it is better to have these things as options instead of standard. A person can order their's the way they want it, or have the dealer add the options to the one they have on hand to fit the buyers needs.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame
I wouldn't want tank heaters standard on my fiver. I don't have a need for them and don't want to pay for something I don't need. It's the same with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. What few dishes we use are easy to wash by hand, & we prefer to spend a couple of hours a week at the laundry room to get the clothes washed instead of having to do it every couple of days in the rv. We prefer to use the room for a freezer. Basically what I am getting at is everybody's wants and needs are different, so it is better to have these things as options instead of standard. A person can order their's the way they want it, or have the dealer add the options to the one they have on hand to fit the buyers needs.

I agree, I don't ever intend to need them. If I travel in that cold of weather I will have the coach winterized until it warms up. I would rather for Redwood to attempt to keep the price of a coach down and not make features that most don't wantstandard. If you need those features order them when spec'ing your coach.