Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

Source for cabinet drawer glides

Hello. Does anyone know the manufacturer and a supply source for the cabinet drawer ball bearing glides? I've got one in my bedroom that has the ball bearings falling out and needs replaced. I looked closely for a number stamped on the factory glide but found nothing. They are 10 1/2" long. My nearest dealer is over 2.5 hours away so I was hoping to find them online.

Thanks!
PunksRedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:51 PM   #2

You can try trekwoodrv.com they carry a lot of factory parts.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 AM   #3

Look at most home improvement stores or online a cabinet hardware sites, they would be better quality from either of those places. The ones you have are not rv specific glides just the cheapest hardware found anywhere as is most all hardware, fixtures & appliances in rvs.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Look at most home improvement stores or online a cabinet hardware sites, they would be better quality from either of those places. The ones you have are not rv specific glides just the cheapest hardware found anywhere as is most all hardware, fixtures & appliances in rvs.
Could not agree with you more! I had the same issue on a much larger scale so I changed them all with slides from Lowe's. Not exactly cheap and did require minor mods, but they did fit. That issue is now solved!!!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #5

Drawer slides/glides

We found a good source online:
Knapp/Vogt thru Amazon

They come in even number sizes. We purchased 10” x 45mm full extension slides &. the 45mm end mount (back) brackets

These are heavy duty. ball bearing replacements. They are not cheap but everything fits with no modifications.

We tried others (cheaper) and had to order brackets separately and although they said they were 45mm they didn’t fit slides. Very frustrating, that’s when we decided on the K/V complete slides & brackets.
R38Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #6

We have several Rockler woodworking stores in the area ("Rockler.com") and purchased new slides. I replaced the existing slides with the kind that lock when you push the drawer closed. Our concern was that the pantry slides would open when we were traveling. To open the new slides you simply push them toward the closed position and they unlock and pop open. Since changing the slide we have never had one open while traveling.
Carl & Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #7

Drawer glides

We weren’t aware of the locking glides. We use the refrigerator bars to hold the pantry shelves/ drawers in place. The double magnetic catches on the pantry drawers work great also to help hold things in place.
R38Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #8

Pantry Drawer Locks

On our trip back to the 2017 Redwood Rally we found our pantry door open and the hinges pulled out of the door due to pantry drawers coming open on the very rough I80 highway in the East. When I got home I installed dead bolt locks on each of the 7 drawers, no more problems since then. Much cheaper and easier to install locks verses changing out drawer guides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3A8C335-85F5-444D-8216-48E90E15D744.jpg (143.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastakid View Post
On our trip back to the 2017 Redwood Rally we found our pantry door open and the hinges pulled out of the door due to pantry drawers coming open on the very rough I80 highway in the East. When I got home I installed dead bolt locks on each of the 7 drawers, no more problems since then. Much cheaper and easier to install locks verses changing out drawer guides.
Yeppers, that was the first mod we did, following the lead from the first Redwood owner Dave (I think)

If you check out the Photos Tab - there are a bunch of Mods folks have done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user488_pic668_1442369520.jpg (26.1 KB, 5 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #10

on my 2020, the pantry has shelves, NOT sliding drawers.... We like it much better.....

I replaced probably 3 complete drawer slides on the 2016 pantry...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote