Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #1

Slide Seal Question

I have a 2014 36rl and have noticed that the Top Seal on the right side slide does not contact the top of the slide when the slide is extended. There is about 1/4" gap between the outer seal flap and the top of the slide when extended, it starts to contact the top of the slide when about half way. I started adjusting the slide height but was concerned that it seemed to be bowing the slide support arms underneath, also worried that if I raised it far enough for the seal to contact while the slide is extended that it would be too much when the slide is retracted.
The other slide seal flaps contact the top of the slides.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Sherman Smith
Rdy2hitrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:03 AM   #2

I noticed mine had somewhat of a gap on the outside wiper - top of dining slide, but I believe the inner wiper is in contact with the roof by the way the roof is sloped upwards. mine has not leaked water, but try not to closed it up if its wet (sweep it off 1st, since I do not have toppers)
Ken
Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #3

I had the same issue with my dinette slide. when it was at the RW repair shop they said the roof was bowed so they did the repair.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
I had the same issue with my dinette slide. when it was at the RW repair shop they said the roof was bowed so they did the repair.
Any idea's how the repair was made, I noticed mine has a very slight bow as well.
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:24 AM   #5

They removed the slide trim (wood) on the inside and push up on the roof from the inside and tighten the screw back up that are located in the center of the slide where the trim was removed. But the fix didn't last long. I need to have it done again the good think is that the roof didn't sag as much this time as it did the first time. I thing it is a designer flow.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
They removed the slide trim (wood) on the inside and push up on the roof from the inside and tighten the screw back up that are located in the center of the slide where the trim was removed. But the fix didn't last long. I need to have it done again the good think is that the roof didn't sag as much this time as it did the first time. I thing it is a designer flow.
I remember seeing older RV's with large slides have some type of a 1/2 wall with decorative spindles up to the ceiling - between the living room area and dining area, I am guessing that was their fix back in the 70's and 80's..

Thanks for sharing!!