Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #1

Slide-out control module location

I have a 2013 Blackwood 36SK. Put a washing machine in and of course when it drained, it flooded my bedroom from under the bed. Found some posts on here about the poor quality control and the flexible drain hose. Found that, replaced the hose. Wanted to move slide a few times to make sure it wasn’t catching on anything before sealing it back up and slide would not retract at all. Checked the switch and both sides getting power and switch appears to be working. I have not been able to find the control module for the front bedroom schwintek slide. Anyone have any idea where they usually hide them? Checked the front compartment around the hydraulic pump, under the mattress and all cabinets in the bedroom and nothing.
Heavyduty236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #2

On our Redwood, the module is located just above and in front of the street side basement door next to the shelves with netting in the "basement"

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:20 AM   #3

Thanks. I will check there in the morning. I do recall seeing a small compartment behind where my landing gear switches are.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #4

You hit it dead on. Found the box now just have to figure out what is wrong with it.
Thanks Jim & Mary
Old 05-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #5

washing machine info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyduty236 View Post
I have a 2013 Blackwood 36SK. Put a washing machine in and of course when it drained, it flooded my bedroom from under the bed. Found some posts on here about the poor quality control and the flexible drain hose. Found that, replaced the hose. Wanted to move slide a few times to make sure it wasn’t catching on anything before sealing it back up and slide would not retract at all. Checked the switch and both sides getting power and switch appears to be working. I have not been able to find the control module for the front bedroom schwintek slide. Anyone have any idea where they usually hide them? Checked the front compartment around the hydraulic pump, under the mattress and all cabinets in the bedroom and nothing.
Hi, I am getting ready to add a washing machine to my 2015 RW 36RL, tell me if I need to check ahead on any of the hoses to avoid the problem you had
thanks!
FredMccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #6

Fred, YES! Check that flexable hose and see if you can come up with a better way to attach it to the Black PCV drain line.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #7

Actually make sure it is attached at all as mine wasn’t. Take the mattress off and take the screws out of the plywood and raise it and you should see both ends of the hose.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #8

I just used the same hose..... I just tightened it and I have not had a problem with mine
Old 05-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #9

In the process of checking the flexible hose under the bed on our 36RL like everyone recommends, I found a glued fitting on an PVC elbow dripping. Turns out Redwood installer only glued the slip fitting in a couple of places. I had to tear it all out and start again.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote