Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 02:57 AM   #1

side to side leveling

I have a 2016 39mb and have tried everything to get my rig level side to side but nothing works. My site is level front to back with a 1inch slope side to side . I zeroed out the level system as per the manual added blocks but no luck. Does anyone have and idea for fix to my problem?
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 AM   #2

I zero calibrated mine using 2 levels at the same time on the kitchen lino. 4' running front to back and a 2' going side to side. Followed the Lippert instructions and has been fine ever since. Not sure why you would need blocks under the legs unless you were out of stroke. I would try to repeat the procedure and see if that helps.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
I zero calibrated mine using 2 levels at the same time on the kitchen lino. 4' running front to back and a 2' going side to side. Followed the Lippert instructions and has been fine ever since. Not sure why you would need blocks under the legs unless you were out of stroke. I would try to repeat the procedure and see if that helps.

Chris
I use 3" wood pads under my levelers it reduces the chance of over stock. I have followed the lip. manual and still can't get level side to side. My rig is going back to the factory in October but didn't wont to wait that long to level my rig. If I were to manually level rig and then recalibrate would that solve my issue?
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
That is what you need to do. Get a 4 ft level and manually level the coach. Shut off control pad then push up arrow 10 times then down arrow 10 times. The unit will then calibrate itself and should be level there after. Go online to lippert and the manual will Teel you how to calibrate
Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #5

From the Lippert Manual on the auto level system:

LEVEL ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
Before auto-leveling features are available, the Level Zero point must be set.
This is the point to which the system will return when an auto leveling cycle is
initiated.
To set the zero point (controller module must be fully secured in production intent
location), first run a manual leveling sequence to get the vehicle to the desired
level point. Then activate the Level Zero point configuration mode.
This mode is enabled by performing the following sequence:
1. Turn panel off. Then turn panel on.
2. Perform the following:
-Press the FRONT switch 5 times.
-Press the REAR switch 5 times.
3. At this point all LED outputs will blink, and the buzzer will be off.
4. You are now in IDLE mode ready to set Zero Point.
5. With a carpenter’s level, manually level the coach. This will give the
leveling controls the reference point for the Zero Point Configuration.
6. When coach is completely leveled manually press the RETRACT ALL
switch 3 times to set the zero point.

Chris
Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
From the Lippert Manual on the auto level system:

LEVEL ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
Before auto-leveling features are available, the Level Zero point must be set.
This is the point to which the system will return when an auto leveling cycle is
initiated.
To set the zero point (controller module must be fully secured in production intent
location), first run a manual leveling sequence to get the vehicle to the desired
level point. Then activate the Level Zero point configuration mode.
This mode is enabled by performing the following sequence:
1. Turn panel off. Then turn panel on.
2. Perform the following:
-Press the FRONT switch 5 times.
-Press the REAR switch 5 times.
3. At this point all LED outputs will blink, and the buzzer will be off.
4. You are now in IDLE mode ready to set Zero Point.
5. With a carpenter’s level, manually level the coach. This will give the
leveling controls the reference point for the Zero Point Configuration.
6. When coach is completely leveled manually press the RETRACT ALL
switch 3 times to set the zero point.

Chris
Wow!!! That's TOTALLY different from what I've done. Level it manually til you're happy, turn it off, press up 10 times, down 10 times, then it says calibrated.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Chris where did you find this. All my info shows exactly what Danny says and it works for me
Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 AM   #8

Chris what year trailer do you have. Maybe the new controllers are different
Old 06-13-2016, 01:34 AM   #9

Our RW is a 2012 36RL. The instructions I copy and pasted above came from a 44 page .pdf from Lippert , The following instructions come from a 12 page .pdf from Lippert:

Zero Point Calibration
The “Zero Point” is the programmed point that the unit will return to each time the Auto Level feature is used.
The “Zero Point” must be programmed prior to using the Auto Level feature to ensure the proper operation of the
system.
Note: Prior to starting this procedure, double check all connections on the controller, jacks, and touch pad.
1. Manually run the jacks to level the unit. This is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the unit
and leveling it both front to back and then side to side. (See “Basic Jack Operation” for instructions on
how to manually operate the system).
2. Once the unit is level, turn off the touch pad.
3. With the touch pad off, press and release the “FRONT” button (Fig. 1G) ten (10) times and then press
and release the “REAR” button (Fig. 1J) ten (10) times.
4. The touch pad will flash and beep and the display will read “ZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to set,
Power to Exit” (Fig. 5).
5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the “ENTER” button (Fig. 1C).
6. LCD display will read “Zero Point stability check” (Fig. 6).
7. LCD display will read “Zero point set successfully” once process is complete (Fig. 7).
8. The system will set this point as its level state and the touch pad will turn off.

Chris
Old 06-13-2016, 01:45 AM   #10

Lippert has several different Leveling systems, that one set of instructions must be for something different that what we have on RWs.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #11

Thanks for all the feed back I but 2 and 2 together today and came up with 4. first I manually leveled the rig and then turn pad off and hit front and rear buttons 10 times. turn it back on hooked up to truck and disconnected from truck. Used auto level and everything worked as it should.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:57 AM   #12

I might be thinking a little to much tonight or maybe just a few too many beers but wouldn't you think that this would be the type of thread with questions that if RW was watching at all that they would post a fix or answer. I think if Christian were still there she would be on this and we would have had the answer from RW long ago.
Just my 2 cents tonight.

Steve
Old 06-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I might be thinking a little to much tonight or maybe just a few too many beers but wouldn't you think that this would be the type of thread with questions that if RW was watching at all that they would post a fix or answer. I think if Christian were still there she would be on this and we would have had the answer from RW long ago.
Just my 2 cents tonight.

Steve
Agree. Redwood should make this required reading and providing input. Everyone could learn from this site.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:30 AM   #14
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Just my 2 cents tonight.

Steve
Ya I sure would like for RW to have an input to this forum. Having the "correct" information/answer would be nice

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote