Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #21

Wow
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #22

Hello!?! You posted on a forum...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #23

After two defective units from the "other" supplier I purchased a RVLock with extra fob for $299. My enthusiasm faded quickly when I realized the new rvlock exterior trim is not as big as the Baur trim. Since Redwood installed the lock before the door was painted I have a huge area of primer showing. I need a properly fitted escutcheon plate but when I tried to find a customer service number on their web site I couldn't find a number or an email address. As it stands I have a very expensive camper and with a realitively expensive keyless hanging on the door with a large spot of primer showing. Need a number!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrussel View Post
After two defective units from the "other" supplier I purchased a RVLock with extra fob for $299. My enthusiasm faded quickly when I realized the new rvlock exterior trim is not as big as the Baur trim. Since Redwood installed the lock before the door was painted I have a huge area of primer showing. I need a properly fitted escutcheon plate but when I tried to find a customer service number on their web site I couldn't find a number or an email address. As it stands I have a very expensive camper and with a realitively expensive keyless hanging on the door with a large spot of primer showing. Need a number!
The RV Support number is: 1.888.316.9899
Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
Administrator

Folks, our rules do not permit attacking other members or rants regarding a vendor/manufacturer/business.

Discuss the issue, not each other.

Both positive and negative comments are welcome, but posts must be collegial.

Thanks.

Adios, Dirk
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #26

Dirk !!!

Now you must make collegial a link so we can look it up

but if you are asking, I was collegial - I went to LSU !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #27

Redwood should require certain minimum standards from it's vendors. An on-line customer service presents (email, toll free number) should be mandatory.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #28

Our 36RL just celebrated its second anniversary as a member of our family! The initial RVLock crashed a few weeks after we picked up the unit. I called their service folks, received a replacement in a few days and it's worked like a charm since. I think the key (no pun intended) here is the quick response and the willingness to get a fix to you with minimal delay. Thanks RVLock!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
our 36rl just celebrated its second anniversary as a member of our family! The initial rvlock crashed a few weeks after we picked up the unit. I called their service folks, received a replacement in a few days and it's worked like a charm since. I thing the key here is the quick response and the willingness to get a fix to you with minimal delay. Thanks rvlock!
love the horse!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #30

We have a 2012 Redwood 36 RL. We had to replace the keypad shortly after we bought it. It has been working fine until now. When we put the code into the pad the lock buzzes about half as long as it used to, but doesn't move the lock. I have replaced the batteries in the pad and in the lock with no change. The lock works easily with the key or the inside knob. I have lubed up the lock.
Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLockSupport View Post
I appreciate your patience as well as your comments. There are basically two reasons why you're RVLock keypad is failing. The most common reason is from someone power washing and injecting water into them either from a consumer or from a dealership. This can usually be remedied by removing the two screws and the battery cover and allowing it to sit and dry out and then replacing the battery. The other reason is a lack of connection between the battery terminal and the battery in the keypad itself. This can usually be corrected by removing the battery and sliding or bending the contacts closer to the battery. This can be done with a small mirror and a small watch screwdriver, or a pair of tweezers. If the keypad is getting power, then you will hear the beeps. If you have beeps, then it should function the handle. Hopefully this will help you.
I have tried the above remedy, to no avail. By the way, I do not power wash the unit.
The FOB still works.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:22 AM   #32

Please let me know if you need any additional help...
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticman1957 View Post
I am also having serious water problems again this is the second keypad and I think your product is junk. While I was trying to dry it out the last time I drop a screw and could not find. I contact customer service and they said it would cost $10.00 really that is a little excessive.

One unhappy customer and telling everybody to avoid RV Locks.
We would be more than happy to replace your defective keypad. It is important to us that we always listen to our customers and continually improve our products. As you are referring to our first generation run on our wireless keypads, we appreciate your feedback and we have made improvements based on our great testers in the field. Thanks again...
Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #34

James, it's really great that you are on this forum and even greater that you have such a passion for your product and customer satisfaction.

Wish I could retrofit from the Bauer we have...it's never worked and doesn't have the FOB option...bummer!!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #35

That does sound strange. It is hard to know from your description if its the handle or the keypad that has the issue. Could you get a remote and sync it up to your handle? This would show us quickly which part has the issue and then we can replace the defective with one that works.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #36

It wont retrofit into your current opening? The RVLock handle should fit back into the same size hole.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #37

We have a 2012 Redwood 36 RL. We had to replace the keypad shortly after we bought it. It has been working fine until now. When we put the code into the pad the lock buzzes about half as long as it used to, but doesn't move the lock. I have replaced the batteries in the pad and in the lock with no change. The lock works easily with the key or the inside knob. I have lubed up the lock.
Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem. Yesterday 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLockSupport View Post
That does sound strange. It is hard to know from your description if its the handle or the keypad that has the issue. Could you get a remote and sync it up to your handle? This would show us quickly which part has the issue and then we can replace the defective with one that works.
James,

We have a remote which we got shortly after the camper. I tried it also when we started having the problem. It does the same thing. We didn't use it to often, but up until then if worked fine. If you want to go to me directly, my email is rcflame@gmail.com Thanks for you attention to this problem.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #38

one thing everyone should check periodically are the contacts between the door and the door jam. The contacts tend to oxidize after a while. I have to clean mine every couple of months to remove the corrosion. if you are having problems with your locks, check to see if this might be the culprit.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #39
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
one thing everyone should check periodically are the contacts between the door and the door jam. The contacts tend to oxidize after a while. I have to clean mine every couple of months to remove the corrosion. if you are having problems with your locks, check to see if this might be the culprit.
I don't get this one? The keypad is wireless

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I don't get this one? The keypad is wireless
I don't have a keypad on mine, only 2 fobs. But, I bet if you look at the bottom of the door, below the lowest hinge, you will see 2 brass contacts that meet 2 small plates. This is how the lock gets it signal to lock and unlock. If they are corroded, it will act like a dead battery.

Tags
keyless entry, rv handles, rv lock, rvlock