Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #21

We have the newer Bauer keypad and have never gotten the keypad to work...
I do see where someone had 'painted over' with black paint what looks like big scratches on the pad, so maybe that affects the 'touch' ?!?!

Dunno, but our last one had the remote for everything, and we never used it after getting over the novelty of it - we just use the key...

will test it again since we're going to pull it out of storage today to setup at a local park --- getting ready for our Mardi Gras trip !!

would be nice to be able to use the keypad though...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #22

The "Rv Lock" keypad kept getting full of water after a rain or washing, ordered fobs & removed battery from touchpad. We use the fobs several times daily for rv & truck, have hidden keys for just in case.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
We have never used the keypad on the truck or the Redwood. For the Redwood we go back to basics and use nothing but a key.

Primitive, but they work OK.
I agree with you. Our keypad has never worked from day one. I considered the optional fob but couldn't understand when I would use it. If I used it to lock the door I would have to double check that it locked because I would never be able to hear it. I think the entire concept is just a novelty thing but not practical. I would be scared to leave the fifth wheel and lock it with the keypad or fob only to find out neither worked to unlock when I got back, so, if I have to carry my key any way, I might as well use it. I can unlock my door with key quicker than using the keypad! Try it!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #24

We bought our 36RL in Sep13 and after about a week, I gave up on using the keypad. Sometimes I could get the door to lock with the keypad, but never unlock. I changed batteries and still wouldn't work right. As others have mentioned, I've found it easier to just use the key to lock/unlock.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #25

WOW...seems like the same issues here from day one with the keypad. Just received the replacement from Redwood. Can only hope the this is better. Where are the FOB's coming from? Can they be added or does it have to be with original order? Hope everyone is have a great "warm" winter.
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf1949 View Post
WOW...seems like the same issues here from day one with the keypad. Just received the replacement from Redwood. Can only hope the this is better. Where are the FOB's coming from? Can they be added or does it have to be with original order? Hope everyone is have a great "warm" winter.
You can actually get a key FOB from RV Lock for I think $39.00 or $49.00. I think you can also purchase one from many of the RV catalogs..PPLMotorhomes out of Houston has the RV Lock in their catalog and the FOB sells for $41.79.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:17 AM   #27

I am looking at ordering a Bauer keyless. Third key pad from RV lock all moisture problems I done with them.
arcticman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #28
Dan

I guess I am the odd guy here as I have never had a problem with ours and I just changed the batteries in the door this year just as a precaution

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #29

Nope Dan, you're not alone. We have the original RV Lock and everything is still working after almost 2 years of near full time use. We even ordered some extra keys and key fobs.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #30

RV Lock

I don't have a problem with the keypad but with the top lock for the handle. I cannot turn the key to unlock it. I've sprayed copius amounts of WD-40 and no luck. I can't get in my 5th wheel. Any suggestions?
normtrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #31

My problem is not with the keypad but the lock for the handle. I can't get the key to unlock it. I've try WD_40 but no luck. May have to just break the latch lock and get a new handle. Any suggestions before I do this.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:51 AM   #32

I'm sure you've tried all your keys, on mine only 1 key works that slot & I have to hold my mouth just right, all others wont work. I have 2 suggestions, #1 never use WD40 on locks (or rubber or anything you don't want dirt stuck to), use silicone spray, #2 if you do get the door open only use the bottom keyhole as it's the deadbolt, not sure why there are 2 keyhole.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:46 AM   #33
Site Team

Could your trailer be too far out of level, causing a bind on your door and lock? It might be worth a try to get a slim pry bar under the door and slightly pry up. If the lock jambed against the jamb side, this might help.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:35 AM   #34

if you think there is a possibility you have the wrong key or the key is damaged I understand Redwood has a record of your key number and can supply a new one.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #35

On ours, the top lock is a standard camper lock, common key, but the deadbolt is a specific key. when we took it for service, they told us to just lock the top lock and not the deadbolt otherwise they couldn't get in .
Old 11-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Could your trailer be too far out of level, causing a bind on your door and lock? It might be worth a try to get a slim pry bar under the door and slightly pry up. If the lock jambed against the jamb side, this might help.
The trailer is level, and the deadbolt is unlocked,it's just that I can't get the handle lock key to turn to unlock. Thanks

Norm
Old 11-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
On ours, the top lock is a standard camper lock, common key, but the deadbolt is a specific key. when we took it for service, they told us to just lock the top lock and not the deadbolt otherwise they couldn't get in .
I'll be doing that from now on. Thanks

Norm
Old 11-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrk View Post
The trailer is level, and the deadbolt is unlocked,it's just that I can't get the handle lock key to turn to unlock. Thanks

Norm
I think it's time to call a locksmith.
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #39

To all who have given me assistance thank you. I finally got in. How you ask? Applied pressure and hit one more time , only this time a little bit harder. Thanks again.

Norm
Old 12-01-2016, 02:23 AM   #40

Some times you just need bigger hammer.Glad to hear things worked out.

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote