Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #21

I've had bubbles on every membrane roof I have owned. This Redwood has far less than my prior unit, but its also a bit of a different material.

The one you worry about is the air balloon on top of your roof as you travel down the highway. Keep your eye on that front seal where the roof meets the front cap. My friends Alpine roof rolled all the way back to the AC flapping in the wind right off the Dealer lot. Have no idea how the transporter got it there.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #22

bubbles

I have owned several RV's with rubber roofs. I have never had one that had bubbles. Mine are multiple bubbles from dime size to silver dollar size. As for having a huge balloon bubble while going down the interstate, How would I know? I see RV's like that all the time. But they are going one way while I go the other way. Outside of getting another fellow RV'er to watch for me. Which is not easily done either. I can tell you.... I am currently parked in Houston Texas where for the past 3 days we have been experiencing monsoon's 3-5 inches of rain at a time. NO LEAKS so far.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #23

We had a life time roof put on mine last year from RV-Armor.com in my driveway. Transferable warranty for life. No Problems.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM View Post
we have had issues with the roof seam at the front cap. It has been repaired 3 times and we still have an issue. However it is moot as the entire roof is being replaced by a lifetime guaranteed roof (rvroof.com) due to a small tear in the fabric and our insurance is covering the cost, less our deductible. Our coach goes to the roof installation facility in Green Cove Springs, FL 1 Oct. Upon completion we will have a seamless roof guaranteed for life and the guarantee is transferrable to a new owner.
Hey Colonel...care to share some roof photos?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Hey Colonel...care to share some roof photos?
You will be Happy, Happy, Happy when you get your life time roof.