Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #1

Replacement parts

Hello everyone first time posting here. I have a 2015 41 foot redwood that I bought used. My second trip out the rear day/night blind holder broke and on of the cubord door latches. Dose anyone know where to buy parts? Also my valve between the city water and the fresh water tank go stuck so the fresh water over flow was always leaking water. Tried the common fix....i.e. Turn of city water,turn on pum,run hot water.it didn't fix the problem. Sorry this is so long,but would really appreciate some advise. Just remembered do the make a mechanics repaire manuel for these. Thanks again.
Briank61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Team

The problem with the rear shade is a common one. What I and others have done is to zip tie the shade to the bracket. I used two per side and crossed them.

As far as a source of parts try this site. https://www.tiararvsales.com/parts/
Old 10-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #3

If you have the Slow Rise roller shades, contact Irving Shade in Elkhard and they should send you some new brackets, but when installing do as said and cross cable ties to prevent additional failure.
As to the fresh water overflowing, if running the pump didn't stop it, short of replacing the pump, there is a valve in the line between the pump and the fresh water tank you can close to stop filling your tank. But if you need to use you fresh water you'll have to remember to reopen that valve.
As for door latches, go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the Double Magnetic catches and replace the OEMs that you'll be replacing forever.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #4

Irvine shade

Here is the web site for Irvine Shade. I called them as our rear roller shade brackets broke and the inside of the roller shade.

They were very helpful and mailed new parts for free.

From my experience I know everyone is tying up their shades but I believe the real problem is they should have put two extra brackets up to hold that long a shade.
I ordered two extra brackets and split the difference on the ones already up. After replacing the inside of the shade we are back in business.

http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/
rjberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
Here is the web site for Irvine Shade. I called them as our rear roller shade brackets broke and the inside of the roller shade.

They were very helpful and mailed new parts for free.

From my experience I know everyone is tying up their shades but I believe the real problem is they should have put two extra brackets up to hold that long a shade.
I ordered two extra brackets and split the difference on the ones already up. After replacing the inside of the shade we are back in business.

Irvine Shade and Door
Did the same & still tie wrapped them, they'll never fall again unless it pulls the screws out of the wall.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #6

I love the Irvine day and night shades. I give Irvine high marks on customer service. They went above and beyond to help us out.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #7

There is a check valve at the back of the pump that seems to get stuck a lot. This allows the city water to flow back through the pump to the tank, over filling it. Replace it and you will be fine.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

If you are talking about the plastic latches on the pantry door and drawers, Amazon sells them.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briank61 View Post
Hello everyone first time posting here. I have a 2015 41 foot redwood that I bought used. My second trip out the rear day/night blind holder broke and on of the cubord door latches. Dose anyone know where to buy parts? Also my valve between the city water and the fresh water tank go stuck so the fresh water over flow was always leaking water. Tried the common fix....i.e. Turn of city water,turn on pum,run hot water.it didn't fix the problem. Sorry this is so long,but would really appreciate some advise. Just remembered do the make a mechanics repaire manuel for these. Thanks again.
Get the double magnet latches to replace the plastic latches or buy a sack full, you'll be replacing them again.
everbilt-cabinet-latches-9265596-64_1000.jpg
Added 3 of these to my pantry door & 2 to the trash can drawer, both took a good tug to open. I actually found them in brown so barely noticeable.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote