Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #1

Replacement Carpet

We have a 2015 38 GK and have been living in it full time for 18 months. The living area carpet is always dirty. Does anyone know if the linoleum in the kitchen area continues under the carpet and, if so, how far? We would like to remove as much carpet as possible and leave the linoleum if it goes all the way to the end. Thanks.
jhurst871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:54 AM   #2

Will be interested in the reply's, as we also have a '15GK and will want to do the same upgrade at some point. Others have replaced their LR/Kitchen floor with vinyl plank material. I seem to recall a recent issue of Trailer Life had an article on this subject.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:05 AM   #3

No the linoleum does not extend under the carpet. There have been a couple of RW owners that have torn up the carpet and replaced it with linoleum type of material or tiles. Try searching on this forum for info on carpet replacement. For the past year or so RW has offered a linoleum only option.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:50 PM   #4

I am a bit surprised..... The RV's that I have seen all went through the same process....
frame
water/waste tanks
flooring
lino
carpet
then on to cabinets... ect... But I guess maybe the RW's are different..

When we walked through Crossroads last week , the only RW's were at the end of the line already ,at final inspection before AND after paint...They were running the Crossroads "Rezerve", those had the 1 piece lino floor on FIRST the entire width and length.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:13 AM   #5

I'm getting ready to redo my flooring in the living room and kitchen with Allure vinyl plank flooring, I've removed the living room carpet, is the kitchen linoleum glued down?
Old 10-08-2017, 01:45 AM   #6

my dealer is in the process of swapping out the carpet in the back end. he ordered the flooring from crossroads. for the price he is charging it's not worth me doing the job. will post pics when done
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #7

I have my 2015 38GK in for a bunch of warranty work, mostly minor cosmetic stuff as our warranty is up this month. It's going on 3 months now they have had our unit, which has not been a problem for us while we are having some medical issues resolved. One item had to do with the carpet bunching up on the curb side slide near the door. The dealer is having the carpet replaced, but has said they need to remove the slide to do this replacement. Does that make sense to anyone???
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted 95 View Post
my dealer is in the process of swapping out the carpet in the back end. he ordered the flooring from crossroads. for the price he is charging it's not worth me doing the job. will post pics when done
Would love to see pictures. Considering the same thing...
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote