Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #1

I think a lot of question, about options, brands and equipment ratings would be answered, if Redwood would up grade there web page. it would save alot of fustration. call the salesman, wait for him to find out. call the factory and hear, I'll get back to you on that. how many of you had to do this, just to find out what the brand and model something was. so you could check it out and see if it's something you might real want or worth it. or didn't even know about an option.

Lillyputz
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #2

Ditto, there have been lots of changes, but the Web site doesn't show any of them. Maxx Fans vs Fantastic, TV Brands, what is meant by Sat Prep, etc, etc. I got the Reginal Sale Manager ticked at me, because I got my answers directly from the Factory Customer Service and they were different that what I was getting from our Saleman and the Rep.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #3

A simple list of the available options, descriptions, and MSRP would bring them light years ahead. I only found out about the optionsafter Redwood emailedme the option sheet. Did you know that although the RL does not come with ottomans, you can special order them from the RE or FL?I never knew you could order "custom order" additional COAX for theWinegard SK-3005 or add/remove windows. Our Redwoods are designed for two coach batteries, but they only are built with one. If you want a 2nd matching battery installed while it's on the line, sorry... that option is not available. Go figure...

Eventually, how about a "build your own" site like the car companies have. For instance, if you chose the "Onan Marquis Gold LP Generator" option, it would pop-up "Requires Generator Prep" option and "Requires 40lb Propane Tanks" option.

You can imagine some of the errors they have to resolve after delivery... like those ordering the "3 Burner Cooktop w/3 Drawers" in lieu of the oven, and then not taking the "Convection Microwave" option. Or ordering the 2nd Power Awning and the Slide Awnings at the same time. Or how about forgetting to order the G614s option... Yikes.

The point is, there are many fussy people like us that research and build our own custom units on paper anyway, and then involve the dealer only as the "gateway" to the factory. More information, descriptions, photos of the options, and pricingwould free up the Sales Managers to make more contacts and resolve real problems.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #4

Boo-Rah! You hit the nail on the head 5th_Time!!

The Redwood web sitesoptions list isway behind what they are actually offering. It should be updated regularly. Your suggestionsneed to be passed onto them. They seem to be pretty smart folks. Maybe all they need is a little nudge. Since there is a link to this forum on their site, they couldhave someone assigned to monitor it. We can hope!Edited by: Grandpa
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #5

It reminds me of the metamorphosis of the Caterpillar, starts out kinda ugly, then struggles to get better and eventually turns into a beautiful thing. Nah, that's way too optimistic.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #6

The Redwood web site also touts leather furniture and a leather insert on the headboard of the bed. To my knowledge, the furniture that's available as a standard feature is vinylor faux leather. Maybe you can upgrade to leather but it's not standard. Just another item that is misleading and needs attention on their web site. Edited by: Grandpa
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote