Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #1

I just read an article on the RV Business website about Redwood's in-house customer care department. It has contact info for anyone interested in getting repairs done at the factory.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/06/re...tomer-service/
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #2

I was talking to Brian E. Today and he told me they have a full service center now at the factory. They are moving up!

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #3

This is great news! Now if I could just get my coach picked up... got pushed back another week at the dealer as they are "still working on it". Basically, they are doing other new smaller unit deliveries and service work while working my new one into the mix when they can. It arrived at the shop July 2nd and now I am being told it wont be ready until next Friday 7/20. At this rate, it will be ready to go from the dealer right to the garage for winter.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #4

That's nice. However,if they built the units with a good quality controll one would not see all the problems listed in this forum. So I can take my unit back to the factory service so what was not done correctly in the first place can be fixed. That's nice.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #5

I'm not making excuses for Redwood's QC but if you know of an RV manufacturer that builds a trouble free unit please let us know who it is.
You can go to any RV forum and read the same complaints regardless of the make/model.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #6

Have been a full timer for 16 years. Never had this many problems with an RV. Last one was an Everest at half the cost and less than half the problems. It seems that most people are having the same type of problems. I have seen photos on this forum and the consistancy of product construction is not the same. If you go to Air Conditioner you will see my post of SOME of the problems I have encountered and I have had the unit 6 weeks and have driven it 100 miles. I expect more for the money paid. When I buy something new, lets say a TV, I do not expect the buttons to fall off the next day. But that's just me.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #7

The RV industry is still likely 20 years behind the times QC wise. This has got to be costing them extra warranty dollars and losing them a large chunk of potential business. After 3 newer class "A" motor homes, 2 Airstream trailers and now our Redwood, there all pretty suspect.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill36re
The RV industry is still likely 20 years behind the times QC wise. This has got to be costing them extra warranty dollars and losing them a large chunk of potential business. After 3 newer class "A" motor homes, 2 Airstream trailers and now our Redwood, there all pretty suspect.

I'm afraid you're right! My wife and I are considering a more upper scale motor home(Foretravel) in 6 years when we retire but I'm sure they have their problems too. What a shame