Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #1

I went to the RV show in San Antonio, Tx and saw a couple models I liked. One was Crossroads Rushmore Lincoln. It's a front living model but what really sets it apart is the front window. That's right... a windshield!</span><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I own a front living Redwood and has seen several other front living models but never one with a large window for enjoying the view.</span><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I'm thinking about contacting Redwood to see if a retrofit is possible and of so, how much $$$ it would take.</span>

</span>
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I went to the RV show in San Antonio, Tx and saw a couple models I liked. One was Crossroads Rushmore Lincoln. It's a front living model but what really sets it apart is the front window. That's right... a windshield!</span><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I own a front living Redwood and has seen several other front living models but never one with a large window for enjoying the view.</span><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I'm thinking about contacting Redwood to see if a retrofit is possible and of so, how much $$$ it would take.</span>

</span>
I do think that looks great but I already have to contend with broken , chipped or cracked windshield. I'm not sure I'd want to add another one to worry about. Also, how readily available would they be if you did break one while on the road?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
par

I just checked this out and it looks pretty good... one issue I noticed and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can get to the bathroom while in transit?
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #4

I don't know, we have members now complaining about the heat in the Front Closet, can you imagine trying to keep that Living Room cool if you're on a site where it gets full sun all day?? I think I'll stay with our RL, but we may see if they have one of those at the Tampa Show, just to take a peek.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #5

mhs4771 you're 100% correct. With the sun and the slanted window combination that would act like a magnifing glass. I install sky lights and the captiveheatin those areas is really unbearable. Hence the remote open/close was implemented. I wish them good luck.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #6

Hey. That not a window. Go to their web site and look at the FL. There is a big tv in the front and the lay out is lame. The RW FL is much better.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Hey. That not a window. Go to their web site and look at the FL. There is a big tv in the front and the lay out is lame. The RW FL is much better.
I did the same thing, this unit is not on their website yet. You need to google Crossroads Rushmore Lincoln. I had a you tube video come up. I find that there a few neat features... not sure it's any better than Redwood's FL though.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #8

Yup That is a window. Thanks. But I still
Ike our layout better
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #9

Are you sure you guys aren't my relatives? They tend to see what's wrong with a new idea instead of what's good about it as well...
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
par

As in any debate we must highlight the good and bad. From what I can see, I like the bathroom since it is isolated and has good size vanity. I like the sofa with the recliner, in fact I queried RWD about that and they simply said there is nothing they can do and of course the front window is neat. I don't like the fact that the kitchen seems cramed, one exit door, no access to the bathroom while in transit, and likely the heat generated from the window. All in all I am leaning towards RWD. Edited by: par
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #11

The second door on our Redwood was an option so you could probably get one in the Rushmore.
As we all know there is no such thing as the perfect floor plan in these things. I just thought it was a cool concept and one I haven't seen before. All the concerns about a front window are valid ones but the advantage for it in a front living model may out weigh them.

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 01-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
The second door on our Redwood was an option so you could probably get one in the Rushmore.
As we all know there is no such thing as the perfect floor plan in these things. I just thought it was a cool concept and one I haven't seen before. All the concerns about a front window are valid ones but the advantage for it in a front living model may out weigh them.

I'm sure it looks great on the inside
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #13

Here's what I think Redwood needs.
They need to addseveral new options:
1. Upgrade to 17.5" wheels and "H" rated tires
2. MorRyde Independent Suspension upgrade
3. Another switch to operate the lights over the counter (they give you 2 switches for the hall lite, why not 2 for the over counter lites)
Granted not everyone would want items 1 &amp; 2, but those of us who have been around RVs for a few years would know the true value in those options.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #14

I would love another switch for the light over the island! They could put it with the switch for the lights over the stove! (Why don't they have women review these things before they put them into production? I did some interior design work, can read and mentally "live in" a space looking at the plans!)
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #15

I think Redwood needs to add an additional 110V breaker for all the outlets. Try running a heat dish in the bedroom, a toaster oven, a coffee maker, and the TV- see what happens, the breaker trips.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr
I think Redwood needs to add an additional 110V breaker for all the outlets. Try running a heat dish in the bedroom, a toaster oven, a coffee maker, and the TV- see what happens, the breaker trips.
I'm a pretty open minded guy and if anybody has ever spent much time around my wife and I they know we have a lot of activity in the bedroom(even after 35 years of marriage).........but a heat dish in the bedroom??? I'm going to have to spend some time on the internet to figure that one out. I could really be missing something and lord knows I don't want to miss anything in the bedroom
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #17

I guess the heat disk replaces your block heater on nights when you are too tired.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
I guess the heat disk replaces your block heater on nights when you are too tired.
I guess....I was thinking warm erotic massage oils.....or just warm towels after a shower
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #19

Yuck... TMI
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #20

My wife has been sick... keep your humor to yourselves, least you need to stay warm at 15 degrees outside.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote