Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Site Team

Victor...sorry to hear your wife has been sick
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #22

Thanks Dave. I have had to take her to the hospital three times in the past two weeks. Other than that she has been bed bound. The heat dish really helps her stay warm while it is so cold outside.

Which brings me back to my original point, Redwood needs to install two 15 Amp breakers instead of just one for all the outlets.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
Site Team

If you know to do wiring in a house, I don't think it would be hard to rewire these units with a added box off the main. The wires are pretty accessible in the basement area but I realize this should have been thought of at the time of manufacturing.

I've heard the same type of complaints for all the different RV owners regardless of the type or brand.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #24

Echo Michelle's options -plus, I think there should be an option for the silly-named "scare light"to be at each corner of the unit like the last 5th-wheel I had.

My RL has little tables at the ends of the sofa. There should be another between the recliners.

Also, the hitch light needs to be halogen. The LED is way too dim to be useful.

The junction box under the hitch should be the outdoor type and waterproof.

The hydraulic lines for the disk brakes should be above the bellypan - not below where they're exposed to rocks & other debris.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #25

Rushmore Lincoln Just got home from the Toronto r v show. They had a Rushmore ther and it looked great, until you went oN board. I really don'T think the quality is there. Maybe I am too pickey, but for the price! It was much less than the RW. My 2 cents any way
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #26

Adamsvr: My wife and I use an electric blanket because the other heat dries our sinus out too much. I know the pros and cons of them and we choose the blanket. Just a thought and we hope your wife gets back to her old self soon. We,ve seen alot of hospital time. Bless you guys!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #27

Thanks for the recommendation. She has also been using a heating pad. Safe travels to you all. Vic
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #28

With all the demands on AC would an old fashioned water bottle be a viable alternative? Also, with all the items plugged in, does 30 amp or even 50 amp service really meet your needs? We had issues with a coffee pot and blow dryer this summer.

Would the mods suggested for adding additional breaker void the warranty... like the warranty actually covers electrical anyway.... just another loophole that could be used by a dealership providing service or denying it.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #29

I think Amish do the electrical work at Redwood....just saying....
Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
With all the demands on AC would an old fashioned water bottle be a viable alternative? Also, with all the items plugged in, does 30 amp or even 50 amp service really meet your needs? We had issues with a coffee pot and blow dryer this summer.

Would the mods suggested for adding additional breaker void the warranty... like the warranty actually covers electrical anyway.... just another loophole that could be used by a dealership providing service or denying it.
In some state parks (in the U.S.) the power is weak so no matter what you do you might have problems. As for adding an additional box, that should be easy enough to do and if they did try to void a warranty, it would be illegal in the U.S. unless they could prove that this did damage to the component that you were trying to have a warranty claim against.

The additional circuit box would simply connect up to the main feed into the panel.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #31

An extra table between the recliners is an available option -- we ordered one
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #32

It's not really an "option". We ordered one too, but had to call Redwood and ask them to sell us "the same table as are on the ends of the sofa".

We were surprised that the RE and FL came with ottomans, but the RL didn't. During production, it dawned on me that the brochure didn't show any and we were able to get Andy to add two of the small ones from the FL. But I'll bet there are many RL owners that discovered the recliners would be more comfortable with a smallottoman in front.

Redwood is great in that they will work with you tospecial order components (most manufacturers can't be bothered), but you have to know what might be available for your modelas there is no selection sheetfor additions or upgrades.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #33

I added the extra table for between my recliners and the ottoman for my RL last summer when I placed the order for my coach. Cost for the extra table and the ottoman was $200. A good deal I thought!I still would like to see a Bose surround sound package at least as an option for the Redwood. The LG system is alright, but for a coach of this price point, I think having a nice high end speaker/dvd/cd system should be a standard - an option at bare minimum.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #34

Agreed

Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #35

Same here.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar
An extra table between the recliners is an available option -- we ordered one

I had the extra table between the recliners added this past November while I had our RL at the factory for its annual inspection and some other warranty work.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote