Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Farmer View Post
Dave, where is the water tank located under the unit?
On the FL the FW tank is located for'd of the axles and behind the basement. I believe it is in a similar location on all models.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #22

On the RL, the fresh water tank is located under the basement. The black and bathroom gray tanks are mounted behind it, and the galley tank is back further and above the axles.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #23

Our 36RL (mfg date 10/27/11) has the fresh water tank below the basement about to the left (towards the front) of the main hold doors on drivers side and the black tank is on the passenger side from about Dad's tool box and about 3/4 of the way across the width of the camper. The grey tanks are in the other section of the underbelly but not sure of the exact layout as we could not get into that section without cutting the underbelly. We just had service done there as the kitchen tank was cracked and leaking (had been for a while it seems) and the service department cut the underbelly and rplaced a section of the plastic so we can now get in there if needed.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
lwg

Our 38BR is the same way. If you remove the basement walls you can easily see the top of the freshwater tank and all the lines going into it. Makes dropping in a line from an RO system super easy.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #25
Site Team

Sorry folks but I haven't been on here for a while. To answer the questions....my tank froze while traveling down the road in a blizzard in some VERY unusual circumstances.

You can see from the attached picture that I took at the factory that the fresh water tank is located in the nose of the trailer. If you're using the trailer in the winter I would recommend putting a small space heater in the basement. Although there are is heat in the basement, I believe this works better to keep everything warm and that additional heat ends up in the bedroom anyway.

You'll see a second tank (black tank), which is under the grey tank and the tank closest to the axles is for the galley.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #26

Thanks for the photos. Didn't know what the tanks actually looked like. I imagine that in the 36FL they are configured a little differently?
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #27

Ian,

When building a cat door in the W/D compartment wall just inside the rear door I noted a tank below, as the vent goes up inside that wall. I believe that is the black tank, which is just behind the axles.

The FW tank is the same general location to Dave's photo. Not sure about the grey tanks.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Ian,

When building a cat door in the W/D compartment wall just inside the rear door I noted a tank below, as the vent goes up inside that wall. I believe that is the black tank, which is just behind the axles.

The FW tank is the same general location to Dave's photo. Not sure about the grey tanks.
Tanks a lot....couldn't resist
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post

Sorry folks but I haven't been on here for a while. To answer the questions....my tank froze while traveling down the road in a blizzard in some VERY unusual circumstances.

You can see from the attached picture that I took at the factory that the fresh water tank is located in the nose of the trailer. If you're using the trailer in the winter I would recommend putting a small space heater in the basement. Although there are is heat in the basement, I believe this works better to keep everything warm and that additional heat ends up in the bedroom anyway.

You'll see a second tank (black tank), which is under the grey tank and the tank closest to the axles is for the galley.
Our freshwater tank froze at 8 degrees above zero even though we had an additional space heater in the basement blowing through the access door in the basement wall. Evidently not enough heat gets to the freshwater tank as it has to get past the black tank. Reminds me we haven't checked the black tank yet.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonbound View Post
Tanks a lot....couldn't resist
I liked it
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote