Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #41

We have a 2013 36FL and similar to the greatest majority of owners participating in this and other forums, we have experienced only a few minor issues.

Our dealer and Redwood have been excellent, so I can't agree with you statement, "We will all have problems".

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #42

Unfortunately though in his sample set it IS all

I feel for him and hope it's not contagious !

Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #43

if the service department at the factory is 60 days out , what does that tell you? funny how some of you are attacking and making fun of us venting our issues, wait to you have had half the problems we have had and you will be right there with us. like I said if mine is fixed correctly this week and is returned I will be happier but already let down.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #44

the service department at the factory also handles annual inspections...
Old 09-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #45

sounds like they need to go right out from assembly line over to the service department for another inspection before leaving out thenEdited by: pipeliner798
Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #46

I guess if I had these problems you have pipeliner798 I would just take it back! I guess I am fortunate not to have these problems. I don't post a lot but have read this forum for a long time. Not sure if I've mentioned but I have a 36RL 2013 I picked up December 2012. All I can say is my dealer tells me if I ever have a problem bring it back! It's under warrantee!I actually saw him at the last RV show in Dallas and he asked me if everything is ok with the coach. I guess I'm fortunate again to have a dealer who cares enough to ask long after the sale and then ask me to come by sometime if I'm in the area.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeliner798
if the service department at the factory is 60 days out , what does that tell you? funny how some of you are attacking and making fun of us venting our issues, wait to you have had half the problems we have had and you will be right there with us. like I said if mine is fixed correctly this week and is returned I will be happier but already let down.

Pipeliner. Attacking? Really? C'mon now.

No one here knows you. I'm sure you're having issues but 99% of the time it's how you manage the problems that will ultimately determine your level of happiness with the product. You might be one of the most horrendous customers any dealer has ever seen. That one in a thousand. Who knows. You may be one of the nicest guys in the world. That one in a thousand. Who knows.

I can tell you that reading you vent over and over gets old and folks may simply be tuning you out. I sincerely hope you resolve any issues you may have.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #48

I have had alot of issues with my 2013 31SL. Been to the dealer 12 times in the last year and still waiting for parts to repair some issues. The service writer told me the last time I picked it up, it was the most problems he has ever encountered with one vehicle. I have become frustrated at times but I have stayed positive. The dealer has thanked me for being friendly and understanding.

It all depends on how you look at life. You can be frustrated and pissed offor you canstay positive and work threw it and be happy with your life.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #49

since so many things that have went wrong I have been in constant communication with my dealer. we have became great friends and I would recommend him to anyone. The problem is this is not a camping vehicle for me. I travel across the country and work anywhere from 70 to 80 hours up to 100 hours a week. I did take it to a dealer where I am located and they said that since the floor was actually built incorrectly with no gap between the slide they recommended sending it back to the factory. So I agreed but for then to say 60 days on a two or three day old trailer is unacceptable. So my dealer found me the proper channel to take. its just when you have all this happen all you want to hear is we are sorry and we will get it fixed. Not that all trailers have problems and sometimes the more you spend the more things that can go wrong. Edited by: pipeliner798
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #50

spindrift feel free to tune me out lol. I just hoping that someone thinking of buying one of these will read these post and make an educated decision. I thought this would be higher quality. I was informed that since the wood was not cut out over fridge combined with a non working fan that I was very fortunate that the trailer didn't burn down which could have happened in our sleep. I totally understand trailers will have problems and I am totally OK with that . however not so many at first and such serious issues.As you feel compelled to defend your opinion , I also fell compelled to voice mine. If it gets me removed or banned I will only consider it comical.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #51

As far as being friendly my dealer invited me to come celebrate his birthday with him and let me stay at his house, also bought me a new mini fridge while mine was out. I would say I was easy going until three weeks later I had to keep calling to get anything done. Why couldn't they pick up phone and call me with an update. But like I said all can be forgiven now that its getting fixed. I am not pissed as much as it seems, just wish they would slow down and spend more time on quality not quantity.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #52

The customer has a right to expect a reasonable level of quality. In the last 20 years I have owned a Coachman Class C-no issues, two Monaco Diesel Pushers-5 minor issues total, and a Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel-no issues. My first 6 week with Redwood has been like a bad dream. The sad thing is all of my issues could have been easily avoided with a little quality control and attention to detail. Their is no excuse for not returning phone calls, emails, and not knowing which side the hot water goes on.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #53

We special ordered our Redwood and the day it arrived it was wrong. Wrong color furniture, wrong fridge and wrong widow valences it the dining living room area. Took 8 months for just these issues to be corrected.

That was only the start of problems, so I do understand being frustrated. Did not get to use the coach for the first 8 months we had it. Had to put of planed vacations that we had planned for over a year.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #54
Site Team

I think this topic has run long enough. Closed

Edited by: Dave&Ginny