Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #21

You said your trusted dealer PDI'd the unit and made sure everything worked. You didn't check it out before you left with it, and then it sat for 6 weeks before you opened it up. With all the visible problems you take off on a trip to Florida as your first excursion. Maybe it's just me, but this whole scenario just seems weird to me.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #22

Guess I'm just not very trusting, as if we are spending in the region of $100K you can bet I'm doing a PDI. In fact we took 2 days to complete it.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Old 09-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
Site Team

No comment on the "No clearcoat" information I gave???

Just checked at the Redwood dealer website in Bayfield, Ontario (Stormrunner Inc. Rv) and they have five sold Redwoods and 7 unsold Redwoods. Guess they haven't stopped yet??Edited by: Blenhardt
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #24

OK you got me beat I guess I just thought I had problems but when fridge almost burns down trailer and floor is built to high and slude rips a 24 inch hole in the tile and jacks won't come down and shower leaks all in first 4 days its a bad sign.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #25

When did you purchase from Storm Runner. What model do you have. We bought one last year and upgraded again this year.

Edited by: Hoistman

Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #26

did you not have your glasses on when you walked around your unit when you picked it up? i would feel you would of notice no paint around the windows and no clear coat on the unit. i feel this whole statement that was written is nothing but a hoax. we have had a lot of problems with our unit at times, but feel this write up is not for real. no one has had all these problems right out of the factory even with questionable quality control processes. we find this hard to believe .
Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
Site Team

Sorry folks but I haven't been on here because of some family health issues.

I think I saw this in the movie "RV"......too far fetched to give it much merit.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #28

I sent him a pm. We have a great dealer here in Ontario and who would do all the repairs. No answer. I am not sure about the problems. The dealer he used would stand behind the coach, even though he is not a Redwood dealer any more. He has his company to look out for, and we are not a big market. So if you screw one of us, we will know about it. Just my 2 cents worth. Bud
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #29

well his may be but mine sure aren't fiction! Although Steps have been made in the right direction to getting it right. still holding my breath.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #30

Mine has clear on it! It's Sikkens paint. The same paint I painted my truck 8 years ago! I agree the paint is not perfect but it is nice! I've had a few small issues with mine and I still love it!! My wife and I could have bought any of the fifth wheels out ther and we chose Redwood and are very happy with it. I promise you if I had all of those problems they would fix it or give me another one cause I wouldn't take it! I'd buy another one and tell them here ya go!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #31

Not sure what the guy is talking about as we traded our 2012 RE in for a 2013RL 3 weeks ago. He is still selling REDWOODS and he is also planning on carrying the new RUSHMORES that are on the Redwood site. Our units were all PDI'd from one end to the other and any issues were always dealt with right away.

Rick and Kerry

Edited by: Hoistman

Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #32

I'm writing this to all of you that have a Redwood 5th wheel. We have a 36RL that is now one year old and is a 2013. We had a serious problem this summer traveling across country and here's what happen.

We called the factory and explained the problem, we were called liars, we cause the problem and it took 3 months of fighting to get it resolved and still we have to have some work finished when we returned to home.

As long as these folks are there and quality control is there, we will all have problems
Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #33

Can you please let us know who communicated with you?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #34

How about letting us know what this serious problem was that they said you caused???????
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #35

I have a friend that was towing his on the maiden voyage and his wheel came off which caused damage and had to have Axel replaced. now after 5000 miles his tires are completely wore out on one side.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #36

Did you friend follow the Warning Sticker on the Wheel Wells and check the Lug Nut torque??
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #37

the bearing went out was the cause of it.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeliner798
I have a friend that was towing his on the maiden voyage and his wheel came off which caused damage and had to have Axel replaced. now after 5000 miles his tires are completely wore out on one side.

I've heard it happen before.

I had a friend who was going down the road in his one week old RW and half the roof folded back when he was hit by a strong head wind. Then he told me three angels came out of the coach and guided him the rest of the way home.

True story.
Edited by: spindrift
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #39

my long version did not make it onto web, so here's short version.
1: </span>Pantry door and hinges broke so contacted dealers enroute, but no help since we did not buy from them. Redwood rep said this breakage had never happened and could not have happened. We pursued this with Redwood and were promised door and hinges - - NOT. It was only when we got to Jacks RV outside of Rapid City, SD did we get help. Thank you.

2: </span>Toilet broke and met up with Jack II RV who fixed this with no question. Again, Thank you. But this fix was short lived. Toilet broke, again. This time there was found a flaw in the toilet. We were lectured on how this was our problem and how to use toilet even though we have RV'd for 30+ years, we don't know how to use peddle flush.

3: </span>Wood trim came off slide. Oh well, it's acceptable to Redwood since these are homes on wheels. We are now wondering what will fall off when we next stop.

4: </span>We were driving through the turnpikes of Chicago when a car alerted us our 17' awning was opening. We carefully took next off ramp into a community where 2 men came to our rescue just as awning tore off. They helped to remove bent metal hanging and torn cloth. NO ONE GOT HURT!! The men had a business yard that could take the destroyed awning. We took pictures of all and contacted insurance company. As unit was not a year old, we contacted Redwood since we have a 2/5 year warranty. Wrong! We didn't have motor so "Not Covered". Husband said he wasn't risking life to retrieve motor on turnpike. No motor, no warranty. We took to shop recommended by insurance company. This shop had done warranty work for Redwood in the past, but refused him since he refused to accept "Redwood person's twisting and changing what he was saying". This woman and an employee of hers said we caused this happen by pushing button while going down the road. WRONG!

Insurance company researched our claim and found other situations where this had occurred so they covered.

By the way, be aware the National Highway Safety Board does have an open file documenting Electric awnings opening going down the road.

We lost an awning, had paint damage, and a tire skirt cracked. Redwood refused and reported to a Redwood dealer this was our expense if we wanted it fixed. They also told us to go to Carefree even though Redwood sells themselves as a one stop shop.

This is the short version. After several weeks and several layers of management, insurance company was reimbursed for current expenses which did not include tire skirt that will be fixed when we return home. We were reimbursed for deductible, but not out of pocket expenses or missed travel plans. We incurred $3,000 out of pocket expenses.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie
Â* Â*I'm writing this to all of you that have a Redwood 5th wheel. We have a 36RL that is now Â*one year old and is a 2013. We had a serious problem this summer traveling across country and here's what happen.Â*

We called the factory and explained the problem, we were called liars, we cause the problem and it took 3 months of fighting to get it resolved and still we have to have some work finished when we returned to home.Â*

As long as these folks are there and quality control is there, Â*we will all have problems
We have a '12 36RL that we have over 4000 miles on and have had very few problems, so the "we will all have problems" statement is incorrect.