Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
This statement sounds like you had horrible service and PDI from Explore USA, yet the next sentence says you don't know anything about them. I'm assuming you don't know anything about them and you were referring to another dealer.

We have had excellent service from Explore USA, and they do offer a local campground to change over your stuff.
Good point, it was definitely not meant to infer that I've had any experience with Explore USA other than receiving a price quote. Truth be told if they were closer and more convenient to me this story might be going a different way. I was really just trying to impress upon people that price shouldn't always be the primary factor driving where you purchase. While I'm paying about $5K more over at Lazydays I feel the value is there going forward for me and my particular situation.

Just to reiterate, I really know nothing about Explore USA other than a few email exchanges.
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg
Quote:
This statement sounds like you had horrible service and PDI from Explore USA, yet the next sentence says you don't know anything about them. I'm assuming you don't know anything about them and you were referring to another dealer.

We have had excellent service from Explore USA, and they do offer a local campground to change over your stuff.
Good point, it was definitely not meant to infer that I've had any experience with Explore USA other than receiving a price quote. Truth be told if they were closer and more convenient to me this story might be going a different way. I was really just trying to impress upon people that price shouldn't always be the primary factor driving where you purchase. While I'm paying about $5K more over at Lazydays I feel the value is there going forward for me and my particular situation.

Just to reiterate, I really know nothing about Explore USA other than a few email exchanges.
Ah - OK, I wondered if you had actually bought one there before and had bad treatment.

I agree totally with you on the price not being the main driver, especially when you are looking at t 5 yr warranty to deal with. Wasn't so bad in the days when your 1 year warranty was up and you could divorce your Dealer.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
lwg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg
Quote:

Ah - OK, I wondered if you had actually bought one there before and had bad treatment.

I agree totally with you on the price not being the main driver, especially when you are looking at t 5 yr warranty to deal with. Wasn't so bad in the days when your 1 year warranty was up and you could divorce your Dealer.
Agreed on the warranty. Based on your (and others) experiences I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Explore USA. To be honest getting in touch with them only complicated my decision, was really close to switching up and purchasing from them. I think had we had the chance to visit them I would have went there. Just thought Lazydays had a long list of intangibles that impressed us.
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Oh man, I didn't realize you resurrected an old post! I thought Andy bought another new rig!!
Hey Brad - don't go giving the wife any ideas, still have a couple of toys to add to this one. http://forums.redwood-rv.com/smileys/smiley1.gif

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote