Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Site Team

Well ....for those of you that might be shy...you bought the wrong trailer. My wife and I met up with her cousin at a camp ground about 25 miles from home. When I pulled in I thought something was wrong with my trailer because of the way everybody was looking at me. The way everybody was stairing at me I thought mybe my zipper was down or something but it wasn't. Finally a guy comes walking up and asked if he could see inside of my rig. I responded he could but it would be best if he let me park it first since with all of the slides in there wasn't much to see. 2 people in golf carts followed me and watched as I push a few buttons and the whole trailer leveled itself.

Now I know I have a good looking rig and next week it gets better with the new truck but this was getting kind of funny the way that people were stairing and asking to walk through my trailer.

So if you're shy....buy a different trailer
Old 04-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #2

That's just to funny Dave

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #3

Get used to it folks. Until FBP becomes the norm, we'll get the looks. We get looks and compliments in every campground or rest area we pull into. It's comical that most of the guys like the self leveling feature, like I did, while the women fall in love with the interior. Of course the 40" flatscreen and easy chairs don't go unnoticed by the guys...
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Well ....for those of you that might be shy...you bought the wrong trailer. My wife and I met up with her cousin at a camp ground about 25 miles from home. When I pulled in I thought something was wrong with my trailer because of the way everybody was looking at me. The way everybody was stairing at me I thought mybe my zipper was down or something but it wasn't. Finally a guy comes walking up and asked if he could see inside of my rig. I responded he could but it would be best if he let me park it first since with all of the slides in there wasn't much to see. 2 people in golf carts followed me and watched as I push a few buttons and the whole trailer leveled itself.

Now I know I have a good looking rig and next week it gets better with the new truck but this was getting kind of funny the way that people were stairing and asking to walk through my trailer.

So if you're shy....buy a different trailer

I said 2 or 3 months ago that you would could expect a lot of compliments on your Redwood. We have the 36RL with the standard finish package (not the full body paint) and we not only had folks who wanted to see our unit at the campgrounds but in parking lots and rest stops along the way.

I was justtaking not of when you made this post and I think you need to take a calm pill and go to bed earlier!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #5

If everything goes well today we will make our grand entrance this afternoon I've been trying to prepare my wife for what is about to happen but she doesn't believe me.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Site Team

My wife just couldn't believe it. After I checked in at the office, I had a parade of golf carts following me like I was going to supply food to the hungry.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #7

Yup - our last camping trip we had 3 onsite visitors, one which asked if they could take a look inside while we packed up. Had a 20 min conversation with one guy on the trail air pin.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #8

It is funny... but people love these Redwoods. If I'm setting up or sitting outside, people will come up and tell me we have the prettiest 5th wheel at the campground. Several times, we have looked out the window to see people taking pictures of our coach from several angles. Other times, we have observed small groups of people giving themselves self-guided tours of the Trail-Air hitch or the outside features - even our matching dually- while we are inside!
Maybe, these are future Redwood owners.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Site Team

Ok ....now people have to know simple camping rules....when the door is closed and the shades are down, they shouldn't interrupt whats going on in a shaking camper. I find it very hard to keep a smile on my face when this happens and a nice 70's woman is knocking on my door asking to see my slide-in slide.

I guess I need to post a sign on a post near my door that reads "IF THE DOOR IS CLOSED AND THE SHADES ARE DOWN, TOURS ARE NOT WELCOME". And then afterwards while taking a nap I hear 3 or 4 people outside talking about my trailer. The slid-in-slide draws people like a moth to a light bulb on a chilly night.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #10

Dave&ginny, make your sign simple by just saying "If this beautiful rig is a rockin don't bother knockin" . Very funny stuff.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #11

If this was an older rig, we could say if this unit's rockin' the springs are probably shot!

BradPAjax is offline   Reply With Quote