Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
One more mod_TV swing arm

While we were at mor/ryde doing IS, we purchased one of their "swing-out" TV mounts to replace the basic mount for the outside TV. I just finished installing it. I really like it!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV_1.jpg (336.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TV_2.jpg (308.5 KB, 11 views)
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 683
Can you share what mount you bought. I like the look of that and would like to make that MOD
__________________

2015 RL38
2018 FORD F350 SRW
RWJSIM2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
Can you share what mount you bought. I like the look of that and would like to make that MOD
Sure....it's a Mor/ryde TV1-006H
Multi-Purpose TV Mounts for Medium Flat Panel TV TV1-006H

After installing it, I think I may have been OK with their lighter-duty arm which is the same, just not quite as stout....

This is the link for the lighter version:
Mor/Ryde Extending Swivel TV Mount TV1-021H
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 392
Looks great! Looks like a perfect fit.
__________________
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Very nice!
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by trfield58 View Post
Sure....it's a Mor/ryde TV1-006H
Multi-Purpose TV Mounts for Medium Flat Panel TV TV1-006H

After installing it, I think I may have been OK with their lighter-duty arm which is the same, just not quite as stout....

This is the link for the lighter version:
Mor/Ryde Extending Swivel TV Mount TV1-021H
Can you give us the technique to remove the TV from the existing bracket? Any wiring extension(s) needed?
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:45 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Can you give us the technique to remove the TV from the existing bracket? Any wiring extension(s) needed?

Rosey, to remove the TV from the existing bracket, you just grab the bottom of the TV and push it up (spring loaded bracket) and then while it's up as far as it will go, pull the bottom out towards you as it releases from the bracket. I used the same coax cable as well as the same power cable. The new TV mount comes with the flat plate to mount to the back of the TV and all the necessary hardware.
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by trfield58 View Post
Rosey, to remove the TV from the existing bracket, you just grab the bottom of the TV and push it up (spring loaded bracket) and then while it's up as far as it will go, pull the bottom out towards you as it releases from the bracket. I used the same coax cable as well as the same power cable. The new TV mount comes with the flat plate to mount to the back of the TV and all the necessary hardware.
Thanks for the heads up Tim !
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:00 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Tim.... one more question. How do you secure the tv with the new setup? Just ordered the TV2-021H. Thanks for the heads up on Makarios RV..... Best price on the web.
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:01 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Tim.... one more question. How do you secure the tv with the new setup? Just ordered the TV2-021H. Thanks for the heads up on Makarios RV..... Best price on the web.
Mike,
Most TV mounts use the VESA standard which means the mounting plate bolt pattern is standardized. So, after removing the TV from the compartment, you simply remove 4 small bolts on the back of the TV that hold the mounting plate to the TV. The new TV mounting plate bolts right up using the same bolts in the same holes (on the back of the TV). The tricky part is determining where to place the bracket on the back wall of the TV compartment. I used the heavier unit and mine didn't line up with the existing bolts on the back wall. In fact, even if it did, the TV wouldn't have been centered in the compartment because of the way the swing arm folds back on itself. It forces you to move the bracket a little to the right (towards the front). It sounds way more difficult than it really is and you will just need to look at it after you pop out the TV to see what I'm saying. Good luck and let me know if you have any problems.

Tim
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Retired educators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Did you drill the metal panel and use the lag screws that came with the mount to secure it in compartment.?
__________________
2016 38 RL, tan and burgundy, H rated tires on 17.5 rims, disc brakes, washer and dryer, residential refrigerator, MorRyde IS, 2015 GMC 3500 HD Denali,Duramax DRW, 4x4, Firestone air bags
Retired educators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired educators View Post
Did you drill the metal panel and use the lag screws that came with the mount to secure it in compartment.?

Yes, but I was very careful not to over-tighten the lags. I may take out the lags and push bolts out through the holes from inside if I suspect they may loosen up...
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Retired educators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Thanks Tim. I plan to put a swivel mount in my new 38RL. I had a 36 RL and used the MorRyde swivel mount in the basement of it. I took the wall down down and used bolts to mount it. I probably will use bolts as well. Wish I would of taken the mount down before I traded it.
__________________
2016 38 RL, tan and burgundy, H rated tires on 17.5 rims, disc brakes, washer and dryer, residential refrigerator, MorRyde IS, 2015 GMC 3500 HD Denali,Duramax DRW, 4x4, Firestone air bags
Retired educators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:15 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
Some good info here and this is another bucket list item for us but will take a bit more planning unless someone has a link to a perfect mount. We have the 36FL and the tv is located under the front slide which is OK but about 6' from our awning
What I need to do is build some sort of drop,swivel mount that is also on a draw slide since before the mount can drop and swivel it needs to be pulled out of the storage compartment. Any ideals or this will be a custom build?

Steve
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Tim..... Thanks for the detailed info. What I was actually asking was the TV in the living room has a strap down to prevent the swing arm from moving while traveling so did you devise something to accomplish the same thing..... Strap, bungee cord, etc?
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,940
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Some good info here and this is another bucket list item for us but will take a bit more planning unless someone has a link to a perfect mount. We have the 36FL and the tv is located under the front slide which is OK but about 6' from our awning
What I need to do is build some sort of drop,swivel mount that is also on a draw slide since before the mount can drop and swivel it needs to be pulled out of the storage compartment. Any ideals or this will be a custom build?

Steve
Steve
Can you send pics of what you have . I may have an idea
thanks
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Tim..... Thanks for the detailed info. What I was actually asking was the TV in the living room has a strap down to prevent the swing arm from moving while traveling so did you devise something to accomplish the same thing..... Strap, bungee cord, etc?

Sorry Mike, misunderstood. The TV Mount has a built in locking mechanism. It's a "T" handle that you pull down to release the locking pin. They provide a chain as well to place on the handle to provide extra length so you don't have to reach way up behind the TV to unlatch. I believe you can see it in my pictures
__________________
Tim and Paula
2015 RW 39MB - Mor/ryde 8K IS with Kodiak Disc brakes. Goodyear G114s on 17.5 Rims. 420 watts Solar on roof, 440 amps of AGM batteries, 2000 watt Magnum inverter wired to sub panel.
2016 Ford F-350 DRW - B&W 20k OEM Companion hitch, Firestone Airbags
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by trfield58 View Post
Sorry Mike, misunderstood. The TV Mount has a built in locking mechanism. It's a "T" handle that you pull down to release the locking pin. They provide a chain as well to place on the handle to provide extra length so you don't have to reach way up behind the TV to unlatch. I believe you can see it in my pictures
Gotcha Tim, thanks.
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 296
UPDATE:

Finished installing my exterior Mor-ride Swing arm TV mount today. I took Tims suggestion and ordered the "lighter duty" TV-1021H for TV's around 35 lbs. $89.61+ shipping from MAKARIOS RV.COM VS. the "heavier duty" TV1-006H $98.88+ shipping. Really a quality made mount & is plenty durable for this mod. You do have to take your time to properly position the mount so that there is clearance for the TV to properly swing out. I made a cardboard template the exact size of the TV and taped it to the face of the mount (that actually attaches to the rear of the TV) and positioned it before securing, to make sure that there would be proper clearance later on. I was able to get my hand around the back of the metal wall (couple of small openings to do so) to actually get a few bolts & nuts thru but it's kinda tricky & be prepared for scraped elbow(s). Used the supplied lag bolts in other spots on the mounting plate......it's not going anywhere. If you guys do this mod just take your time & think it out & it should go well. A shame that Redwood didn't do this in the first place !
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:16 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,940
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
UPDATE:

Finished installing my exterior Mor-ride Swing arm TV mount today. I took Tims suggestion and ordered the "lighter duty" TV-1021H for TV's around 35 lbs. $89.61+ shipping from MAKARIOS RV.COM VS. the "heavier duty" TV1-006H $98.88+ shipping. Really a quality made mount & is plenty durable for this mod. You do have to take your time to properly position the mount so that there is clearance for the TV to properly swing out. I made a cardboard template the exact size of the TV and taped it to the face of the mount (that actually attaches to the rear of the TV) and positioned it before securing, to make sure that there would be proper clearance later on. I was able to get my hand around the back of the metal wall (couple of small openings to do so) to actually get a few bolts & nuts thru but it's kinda tricky & be prepared for scraped elbow(s). Used the supplied lag bolts in other spots on the mounting plate......it's not going anywhere. If you guys do this mod just take your time & think it out & it should go well. A shame that Redwood didn't do this in the first place !
rosey
Glad it worked for you
Mine arrived today and will install next week
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×