Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #1

MyRV SSID

I had my rig serviced for some electrical issues over the winter. When I got it back the tablet and WiFi connection are amiss. I'm under warranty and called redwood. Got the Keystine help desk via email after a couple of days. They gave me the wrong system help desk. Decided to call LCI. After 15 minutes on hold I gave up. Therefore my post here.

I am seeing a Wi-Fi address of AP being broadcast. No sign of the SSID ON the router.

I can operate all the lights if the tablet is plugged into the USB. The two small touch pads only operate some of the lights. I assume these are the hardwired ones.

Any help would be appreciated
Metlguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlguy93 View Post
I had my rig serviced for some electrical issues over the winter. When I got it back the tablet and WiFi connection are amiss. I'm under warranty and called redwood. Got the Keystine help desk via email after a couple of days. They gave me the wrong system help desk. Decided to call LCI. After 15 minutes on hold I gave up. Therefore my post here.

I am seeing a Wi-Fi address of AP being broadcast. No sign of the SSID ON the router.

I can operate all the lights if the tablet is plugged into the USB. The two small touch pads only operate some of the lights. I assume these are the hardwired ones.

Any help would be appreciated
Just an FYI, all of the touch pads can be programmed for all functions the tablet controls as well. Simply press the on button several times and a list of functions will be displayed and selectable.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
Just an FYI, all of the touch pads can be programmed for all functions the tablet controls as well. Simply press the on button several times and a list of functions will be displayed and selectable.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Yes I read the programming guide. The problem is the WiFi hub is not displaying the MyRVxxxx address. It is broadcasting "AP" as WiFi SSID. Tablet off USB won't communicate and touch pads will only talk to hardwired devices.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #4

I will ask the easy question, Does the router have power? They may have blown the fuse for the router. Yes it is 12V.

Our router just recently died, it would not power up. CW replaced it. Before it completely died, I would have to power cycle it to connect to it.

Our touch pads still worked since they are also hard wired. If you do not find a blown fuse in the breaker box, you will need to check the fuses on the devices behind the basement wall.

Rick
Old 08-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXRAS View Post
I will ask the easy question, Does the router have power? They may have blown the fuse for the router. Yes it is 12V.

Our router just recently died, it would not power up. CW replaced it. Before it completely died, I would have to power cycle it to connect to it.

Our touch pads still worked since they are also hard wired. If you do not find a blown fuse in the breaker box, you will need to check the fuses on the devices behind the basement wall.

Rick
All fuses are in working order and router midships in cabinet is powered. As I've stayed it is not broadcasting the correct ssid.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #6

This is one of those IT issues that can be hard to troubleshoot, at least for me, without being there. I think I would first unplug the router and see if it would reset on its own. I think you can get to the router settings by getting on the network and going to the IP address (like 192.168.1.0). And I think I found the default user name/password printed on the router itself or in the documentation. Maybe available online?

Here is a simple explanation I found, hope it is helpful:
http://itstillworks.com/ap-name-mean...ess-21273.html

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:52 AM   #7

You might want to google MyRV manuals. I found this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...eTvu7feypUbXug

There are a few more too. Too large to upload. Maybe this could steer you in the right direction.

Chris & Maria
2012 36RL
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:16 AM   #8

Iceman - That sounds promising. I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks when I'm back on the road.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 AM   #9

Thanks for the manual link. The tablet works when plugged into the USB. No programming is required. As Ice man stated I think I have to hack the router.