Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1

The Thor representative at the Austin RV EXPO in January 2012 put on a fantastic dog-and-pony show and sold us on the Redwood. In March we picked up a 34SK at ExploreUSA in Kyle. That floorplan was what we were looking for.

After one month I noticed that the left rear tire was consistent about losing 15-20 lbs of air, dropping from 80 psi to no lower than 62 psi. Long story short, I found out that the wheel had a pin hole on the inside of the rim. Brian Emmons from Thor and Jennifer Miller from Tredit Tire & Wheel were great about the warranty issue and shipping a new wheel directly to me with them paying to have it mounted. It was easier and more cost effective than mehaving to return to the dealer.

After two months I noticed a water leak that appeared to come from the grey water tank. A technician who does warranty service for Redwood CAME TO MY HOUSE where I keep the RV and was able to determine that the leak was actually caused bya loose connector on the p-trap on the shower. He tightened the connectionand was on his way after a handshake.

In July I noticed that the right front hydraulic cylinder for the 6-point level-up had a minor leak with no significant loss of hydraulic fluid. The technician came to the house took photos for Redwood's warranty claim, ordered the cylinder, came back to install it properly, and left with only a $50 travel charge.

This is our second 5th wheel, after a pop-up and a slide-in. We seem to upgrade each time. We have completed only seven trips since March with a total of 1,721 miles on the Redwood. No other complaints to speak of...this one looks like a keeper.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Dan

Wealsototally enjoy our rig and have had only had a few minor problems the biggest being the fire place and Brianimmediatelysent us a new one

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #3

Dan,

I talked to another 5th Wheel owner while here in New Brunswick 2 days ago. He has the same fireplace (Dimplex) as we do... he is on his 3rd one. They all worked for a little while and then the heating element stopped. Upon reading the manual he found they are not supposed to be mounted on carpet. I know ours is in the 38 BR. He told me to look for a lourved area on the top left? of the unit where the fireplace gets its fresh air. He used a screwdriver to bend the louvres to allow more air to the thermocouple and his problem was solved.

Have a look...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #4

We have not had to use our fireplace much (maybe once). It will be cooling off here soon and I will check it out before we need it. Thanks for the info.