Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2019, 05:38 AM   #1

Lost Foot pad

My front Lippert leveling system foot pad came off (with my new snap pad). Any body have this problem? Is there preventative maintenance on the metal foot pads?
Twolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #2

The lippert hydraulic jack/leveling jack sand pads are held on by a bolt that is tightened to a specific torque level. Some have had them loosen or fall off like yours apparently did. I believe red thread lock is recommended when they are installed by the manufacturer. A few have had them loosen and owner has retightened only to have them eventually fall off if the thread lock isn’t used. I would search www.LCI1.com and look for torque specs for these sand pads. Pretty sure they can sell a replacement foot and bolt also. Sorry for your loss.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:44 PM   #3

Thanks for bringing this issue to everyone's attention. I checked mine and they were also quite loose. I will have to add the thread lock at a different time but at least they won't be falling off anytime soon.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

Okay guys pardon my ignorance but what is a "Sanp Pad". And where do you find them?

Thanks for you time.

Rob & cheryl
Rcary59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #5

https://rvsnappad.com/

go here and view
Old 11-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #6

They look like they would save some bending over places wood under the pads, Thanks.
Rcary59 is offline   Reply With Quote