Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
Site Team

LG DVD Player died

Well - the LG unit in our 2013 36RL d cider to go visit its electronic ancestors permanently. Lol. Was a faithful companion for seven years.

For those of you that had this "all in one unit" that also drives the surround sound speakers, what did you rdo place it with ? I could go to a soundbar but it seems a waste not to use the perfectly good surround speakers.

Thanks for any suggestions !
Old 10-27-2019, 05:16 PM   #2

We are having the same issue with our 2013 36FB and the "All in one" LG DVD player. Wanting to reuse the factory installed speakers also, so the search for a compatible blue-ray player with the speaker terminals on the back begins! Let us know what you decide on your fix.
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #3

I think if you added the sound bar you'd find out "perfectly good" isn't how you'd describe the OEM speakers. Added the sound bar in the S&Bs & WOW what a difference.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #4

I use a Vizio surround sound bar with wireless subwoofer and am perfectly happy with the results. Bought at Costco. Will show you just how horrible the "installed speakers" are.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #5

Good to know about the quality of the OEM equipment. Ours is still working but I'll keep this info in mind for the future.

Retired and happy
Mike & Lizzy
2013 36FB Black & Silver w/ 2018 F350 Lariat LWB DRW Powerstroke
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #6

Our all in one unit stopped working one day, also. It keeps blowing a 20 amp fuse. I thought I could investigate this and fix it, but I can’t figure out the wiring on our 2016 Sequoia 38QRE. The TV speakers are really ‘weak, barely readable’. I will try a sound bar, I think. We use a Vizio from Costco on our Samsung TV at home, and it is really good for music, but sometimes the conversations aren’t easy to understand. We find ourselves using the closed captioning a lot these days. Does anyone have an idea on the blown fuse? I feel kind of silly removing drawers and sticking my head into that space, trying to see where the problem may be on the back of the all in one. Oh, and an early Happy Veterans Day to all the vets out there!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #7

What brand and model is your all in one? Trying to figure out if you mean 20 amp fuse on the 12 volt side or tripping a 20 amp breaker on the 110 volt AC side. Thanks

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:53 AM   #8

Thanks for the reply! We are traveling without the 5th wheel, and I do not remember what brand it is. It is definitely blowing a yellow 20 amp fuse, not tripping a cb. I purchased a dozen of the large size yellow fuses. Those fuses are vertically arranged on the right hand side of the panel as you look at it. I thought I had found a replacement unit, but was unsure of the dimensions. Our road trips in the 5th wheel are 4-6 weeks long, but several months apart so I have a tendency to forget what issues we were trying to rectify when we last parked it in the storage area.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
I use a Vizio surround sound bar with wireless subwoofer and am perfectly happy with the results. Bought at Costco. Will show you just how horrible the "installed speakers" are.
I fully agree as the Vizio is a much better system!
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote