Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Kudos

I would like to thank Runaway RV in Dothan AL, they are a RW Dealer however they are a very good mom and pop RV place. While my wife was working in TN and staying in the unit we developed a leak in the roof. I drove down from MI twice and applied three tubes of caulk to the areas I believe to the culprit and during heavy rains it still leaked issue #1. We also had been experiencing issues with the bedroom slide not working proper since the floor replacement.

So knowing that our next job assignment was going to be in the Dothan area we decided to take the RW to Dothan when we left TN instead of hauling it back to MI and playing the winter weather game. I have had really good luck with Runaway RV when I needed parts the last time I was in this area. We dropped our rig off the week before Christmas and told them we would return around mid-January. Our start date was moved up so I call to get an upddate on the status of the work and I was informed that the rig was ready and the cost was just over $100.00.

We have been through serval thunderstorms and no leak and the slide out deployed and retracted just like should. If you are this area and are in need of repairs or parts this the place I would go.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #2

Wow!......Looks like you found a Gem RV dealer! Hold on to those folks for your service needs...... $100 bucks for service ?? Unbelievable !!
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #3

I agree, the owners and team at Runaway RV in Dothan are first class.
They are a great family owned dealership, we purchased one 5th Wheel from them that they took care of a few warranty issues, they did warranty work on another SOB 5th Wheel I purchased from another dealer (not our Redwood).
They always were very thorough, did not make me wait weeks or months like my Redwood dealer does, always did a great job and treated the customer right.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #4

It's been mentioned several times before...it would be nice to have a list of RV repair facilities that have given great service. It's such a hit and miss proprosition getting service work completed. Seems good facilities are hard to come by! I'm glad Runaway RV is one that has been recognized for their excellent service.

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

Runaway RV

I have used Runaway RV for parts I need to repair my Redwood. They are always are very helpful.
Camphost
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:57 AM   #6

That is AWESOME to hear! I will let the guys on our end know. Thanks for the heads up!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote