Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Site Team

There is something to checkif you have a washing machinewith the trailers that have front bedrooms. I've had a problem with the washing machine not getting water. Andy "the Oz" had worked out for me to take my trailer to Leach trailer sales while I was in the Omaha area to see if they could figure out the problem. While there we found a kink in one of the hoses under the bed that provides water to the washing machine.

Then today I tried to use the washer again and again it wasn't getting enough water. I removed my mattress and reached down as far as I could through the hole in the sub floor to where the white hoses connect to the Blue and red supply lines. Again I found a kink further down. This is cause by the factory having too long of white hoses under the bed. Because I don't have a clamping tool I can't just cut the lines so instead I rerouted them and zip tied them to keep them straight.

Since these lines are precut at the factory, I'm sure this isn't going to be an isolated case.

dave
Old 04-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #2

I'll let you know Dave in a day or so. We finally finished up moving everything from the Monty to our 36RL. We do have the imfamous Shower Leak. What's everyone doing for a shut off on the shower head? We're still on the Dealers lot so we're running off the fresh water tank and like to shut the water off between cycles (wash, rinse, wet hair, rinse hair, etc) to conserve water and hot water?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #3

We use a shower head that looks just like the factory installed shower head except that it has a shut off. It can be found in all of the catalogs.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

I'll let you know Dave in a day or so. We finally finished up moving everything from the Monty to our 36RL. We do have the imfamous Shower Leak. What's everyone doing for a shut off on the shower head? We're still on the Dealers lot so we're running off the fresh water tank and like to shut the water off between cycles (wash, rinse, wet hair, rinse hair, etc) to conserve water and hot water?
Don't worry about running out of hot water. My wife and I haven't ran out yet and when we're hooked up to full hook up sites we take long showers
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #5

Dave, you must be the lucky one. Our Combo Unit is working fine and we've already done 3 or 4 loads with it. Dealer Tech tried sealing around the shower door, but didn't do it good enough, added a little more sealant on the bottom hinge side and now all better.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote